How to get rid of tinnitus? How can I put a stop to that annoying ringing in my ears? What is that one method that is used by thousands of people to reduce the symptoms? Also referred to as ‘ringing in the ears’, this problem may be a symptom of a more serious medical condition. To help out if you have this same problem like many others, this article tells how you can manage tinnitus using a few simple home remedies.
Some Home Remedies for Tinnitus
Reports say that this condition affects one in every five individuals which according to medical experts, is a problem that can be a manifestation of serious problems like hearing loss, circulatory-system disorder or ear injury. Well, this condition is not really a severe problem and a lot of people normally recover with the help of the right treatment which means good news for those who are suffering from tinnitus. The following are home remedies on how to get rid of tinnitus that you can try if you’re dealing with this ear problem:
- Gingko biloba. This is one of the most studied of all herbal medicines that has been proven to help provide relief for tinnitus. It has long been established that this herb improves blood flow to the edges of the body, particularly to the brain and the head. In case your tinnitus is caused by circulatory problems, Gingko will definitley help otherwise it would focus on improving your memory so there’s no side effect to be afraid of. Take one capsule of Gingko every day and you will get relief from ringing in the ears after a few weeks.
- Another method on how to get rid of tinnitus is applying garlic, an ingredient that is everyday found in the kitchen. The antioxidant properties of this home remedy helps relieve the ringing sensation which is related with this ear problem. All you need to do is mix 6 cloves of garlic with a cup of olive oil or almond oil until it is well minced or mixed. Allow the mixture steep and leave it for a week. Sieve the liquid then apply a few drops of it on the ear and you will feel a soothing sensation and a better hearing.
- This ingredient not only gives food an enhanced taste and a particular flavor but also works as an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant which helps stop the ringing in the ears. While it’s recommended that a sufferer of tinnitus consumes turmeric in its raw state, you can also add this ingredient in your regular dishes to get relief in just a few days or weeks.
Some Other Remedies for Tinnitus
Aside from the home remedies on how to get rid of tinnitus, there are also medical procedures that are used by doctors to help alleviate the symptoms. Patients can be treated with standard methods like the following:
- Nueral Therapy. This technique on how to get rid of tinnitus pioneered in Germany more than three decades ago which is mostly used for pain relief. An analgesic that is proven safe and effective is put on the trigger points in the ears. The main idea of this technique is to ‘reset’ then correct the nerve impulses which are responsible for relaying information to the brain from the outside world.
- How to get rid of tinnitus? A therapy that involves the use of mild electrical stimulation to make a patient more aware of physical changes that result from various stress and offers guidance to the patient in reducing his brain’s responses, biofeedback, is known to put mind over matter. For a person with tinnitus, it’s very helpful to have a background mechanical noise or music because complete silence worsens the perception of this ear problem thus creating stress. Sound generators and broad-band tinnitus maskers are also great options.
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy. In this technique on how to get rid of tinnitus, the goal of Tinnitus Retraining Therapy is to lessen if not totally eliminate negative emotional reactions then help the patient learn to live with the condition. While this treatment is very much helpful, the financial investment required and the time commitment of not less than 18 months make a lot of patients skip this option and look for other available remedies.
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy. This one’s a non-force, hands-on, quiet therapy which is especially designed to enhance the flow of cerebal spinal fluid along the spinal column and around the brain. If you’re able to find a skilled therapist who can administer this treatment for you, it is possible for the symptoms to be resolved in just one session.
Importance of Seeing a Doctor First
Anyone who’s suffering from this condition and is looking for ways on how to get rid of tinnitus should consult a doctor first. Why? A health professional can check and identify the severity of the condition and figure out if its is related to any medical condition. Self-medicating without getting a confirmation from the doctor whether they are safe or not can expose you to possible health risks.
Can Tinnitus Be Completely Removed?
Unfortunately, there’s still no sure-fire answer to the how to get rid of tinnitus question because no medication has been proven yet to totally eradicate this ear problem. What’s better news is that there are ways to minimize it and you have nothing to lose if you would actively follow the home remedies because all of them have been proven safe for use. Well, once you’ve seen your doctor and advised of the best way to minimize tinnitus, start taking action right away!
What You Can Do For Yourself
Let’s just say that no method of how to get rid of tinnitus works. What can you do? Here are some tips to coping with this condition:
- Think about what you can do to help you cope. For many people, they find listening to music very effective in forgeting their ear problem for a while.
- Avoid whatever makes your condition worse. Among all things, you’ll need to skip smoking and drinking alcohol and as much as possible, get away from places where there’s loud noise.
- Ask your family and friends to face you when they’re saying something to you in case it’s difficult for you to hear over your tinnitus.