It is normal for almost everyone to get a pimple, and the same is true in finding ways on how to get rid of pimple. Having pimples is a skin condition that affects people, in one way or another, sometimes painful, and embarrassing most of the time. Having too much pimples, especially on the face, could lower one’s self-esteem and confidence, thus, it is a top priority to find the best possible way in getting rid of these painful, reddish bumps on the face.
There are several home treatments that are available, and helpful on how to get rid of pimple. The majority of these methods are very easy, while the needed ingredients are highly accessible at the same time.
- Lemon – Using lemons is a great way to resolve pimples as fresh lemon juice contains only mild citric acid that will act as an antiseptic and kill the bacteria that causes the skin condition. Grab a piece of lemon, wash it, and squeeze the juice over a clean bowl. Get a clean cotton swab, dip it in the juice, and then apply it on the affected areas. Do this procedure before bedtime. Another helpful way on how to get rid of pimple with lemon juice is to mix it with cinnamon powder, applying onto the skin every night.
- Ice – Using ice as a home remedy is ideal for pimples that have not resulted in a pus-filled bump on the skin yet. With a clean piece of cloth, wrap an ice and hold on the affected skin for several seconds. Pause for a minute and repeat the procedure. Do this therapy several times a day. Using ice will discourage the pimple formation.
- Toothpaste – Toothpaste is just another great way on how to get rid of pimple or pimples. In fact, this is a follow-up procedure after using ice so as to achieve faster results. Just grab whatever toothpaste you have, dab some amount on the affected skin before bedtime. In the morning, rinse your face with cold water. You can do this procedure twice a day, one during the day time, and one in the evening.
- Honey – This kitchen ingredient has been known for many healing properties, as it is also a perfect bacteria-killer. This procedure starts by washing your face thoroughly with clean water, dry it off with a soft, cotton towel or cloth. Grab sterile cotton and dab the honey onto the pimples or blemishes directly. Let it stand for 30 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Honey is a natural antiseptic and aid in a quick healing process.
Although there are natural treatments to get rid of pimples right in your kitchen, there are also other factors that greatly help in achieving faster results.
- Regular Physical Activities – Regular exercising is also a helpful factor on how to get rid of pimple. A regular workout or routine can release endorphins that tend to reduce stress levels, thus, reducing oil production, but make you sweat to clean out dead skin cells simultaneously. A 30-minute of workout on a daily basis will do well.
- Refrain from Touching the Pimples – Touching the pimples and the affected skin area is a big No-No! This could be incredibly difficult for many because pimples are normally itchy or painful. How to get rid of pimple is to avoid touching, scratching, rubbing, or picking at the pimples.
- Eat Good Food – As many people thrive to find ways on how to get rid of pimple, eating good food and maintaining a healthy diet is of absolute importance. Refrain from consuming processed foods as they contain lots of oil that could also cause acne formation. Switch to whole grains, proteins, fruits, and vegetables as these types of food help the skin regenerate. Additionally, avoid foods that contain high levels of sugar, and junk foods as well.
- Wash or Bathe Often – Depending on the location of the pimples, it is either you need to wash your face or bathe totaling more than once a day. Make sure to use mild cleansing products for the face and the body, if pimples also occur around your neck, arms, chest, and back. Washing and bathing help in reducing oil production, killing bacteria, and rinsing dead skin cells all at the same time.
- Enough and Proper Sleep – The issue on how to get rid of pimple can also be resolved by getting enough and proper sleep, meaning 8 straight hours. Proper sleep relaxes the body and detoxifies it, thus, allowing the skin to rejuvenate. It is also necessary to follow a sleeping cycle, going to bed at a consistent time.
- Hydrate – Never, skip to drink a lot of water if you want to get rid of those pimples. The recommended amount of water intake is at least 8 glasses, but drinking more, possibly additional 2 glasses a day won’t harm. Water also acts as a detoxifier for the body and purify for the skin.
If the natural remedies and lifestyle changes do not do any good, then a visit to your nearest dermatologist would be appropriate.
- Facial – This facial therapy can be a significant and helpful factor on how to get rid of pimple. It is available in Derma clinics or spas that involve different tools, agents, and techniques in eliminating those unwanted pimples.
- Microdermabrasion – This a more complex treatment than a facial therapy, involving the “sanding” of the skin so as to give way for a new skin growth. Getting this therapy at least once a week for several months could be an effective approach in eradicating pimples or acne.
- Laser Treatment – Laser treatment is gaining popularity in getting rid of pimples, however, this procedure is costly compared to other methods. Dermatologists make use of a pulsed light in killing the causes or roots of the bacteria that also cause the formation of pimples. Laser treatment is typically painful, and must always be administered by a certified professional.
Certainly, there are several ways and methods in getting rid of pimples, from natural remedies to lifestyle changes, and through professional care. The method you’ll choose will relatively depend on your available budget, time, and the severity of your skin condition. Nonetheless, the above mentioned ways on how to get rid of pimple will serve as your general guide in fighting pimples every single day.