Are you interested in getting ideas on how to get rid of unwanted hair from the face? The quest for having a fresh, soft face without hair on the upper lip, cheek and chin has been an important part of any beauty regimen of well-dressed women. There are a number of hair removal products in the market but as years passed by, many women have used different types of procedures from shaving to tweezing and going through electrolysis in order to tame unwanted hair. If you’re one of the many who are looking for ways to remove facial hair, this article will write down the most effective options to keep your face soft and smooth without unwanted hair.
Common Methods of Removing Facial Hair
There are so many choices for methods of how to get rid of unwanted hair that picking the best one can be a bit overwhelming. Below is a guide to work through some of the most effective hair removal methods that hopefully will help you ultimately choose the one that suits you best.
- Tweeze your brows or chin. For a cheap and fast method of how to get rid of wanted hair on the face, nothing beats the power of a pair of tweezers. Well, this is one of the preferred choices of women who pluck their chin hair and eyebrows which you can also be used for getting rid of unwanted hair. This may be time consuming but is a very effective at-home hair removal method. Just make sure that with this method of how to get rid of unwanted hair, you don’t frequently do this or your hair follicle can be irritated and your skin may be scarred and become darker than the other parts of your face.
- Apply depilatories on affected skin area. If you’ve tried using bleaching creams as your method of how to get rid of unwanted hair from the face, depilatories are applied the same way with them to dissolve hair proteins so that it won’t grow on the face anymore. The results can show in just 1-2 weeks if you repeat the same procedure on a regular basis. To avoid an allergic reaction, make sure to apply a patch test to skin first.
- Wax unwanted facial hair. To avoid spending too much money at your local salon, choose to go through facial waxing at home so that large patches of unwanted facial hair may be removed. If you choose this method, ask someone else’s help in following the simple instructions. The wax should be spread on the direction of the hair growth first and then thin cloths will be put on top of the wax so that hair can be ripped off easily. This method of how to get rid of unwanted hair can show results after 2-4 weeks and is most effective for removing hair on the eyebrows, cheek, chin and lip. To make sure that your skin doesn’t get burned, use honey, cold wax or microwavable wax strips.
- Put bleaching cream on unwanted hair. What does this method of how to get rid of unwanted hair on the face do? Simply, it lightens hair so that its appearance is made less noticeable in such a way that it would blend with your skin tone. Since this product can lead to skin discoloration and irritation, prevent this possiblity by doing a patch test a day before you apply the bleaching cream.
- Give electrolysis a try. For permanent removal of unwanted hair, you can also go through this painful and quite expensive method. A needle is used to zap the hair follicle and avoid future hair growth. This is considered a permanent remedy but this requires several visits to your doctor so that you can enjoy long lasting results. As for the side effects, the worst ones that you should consider include scarring, swelling, scabs, blisters and ingrown hairs.
Effective Home Remedies for Facial Hair
Hair on a woman’s face is undesirable for the simple reason that it is commonly associated with masculinity. While there are many different products and medical procedures that help solve the problem, there are also women who choose home remedies because they are afraid of the side effects that they might suffer if anything goes wrong with their chosen treatment. If you’re one of those who’d rather try home remedies for removing facial hair, you can give the following a shot:
- Milk and turmeric. A combination of these two makes a popular option on how to get rid of unwanted hair. Used by Indian women since the ancient times, this remedy is known to stop hair growth effectively and in order to use this, what you’ll need to mix are turmeric powder, milk and a bit of chickpea flour to form a thick paste. Apply this in the affected area, scrub this gently following a circular motion and leave on the face for 20 minutes or until this dries up then wash face off with cold water. Repeat this several times a week and you’ll see that unwanted hair will be significantly reduced.
- Lemon and Sugar. To use these common ingredients, mix 1 tbsp. of sugar and 1 fresh lemon then add a little water so that sugar will be easily dissolved. Apply this mixture on the facial hair and leave it there for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with cold water. If this is followed thrice a week, you will start seeing noticeable reduction on the hair growth as lemon acts as an antiseptic while sugar works as an exfoliant.
- Lemon Juice and Honey. How to get rid of unwanted hair on the face with this home remedy? Just mix 4 parts of honey and 1 part of fresh lemon juice then mix them well. Afterwards, dip a cotton ball or pad in the mixture then gently rub it over the affected area for around 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, wash your face with warm water. Repeat this same process at least two times every week and you’ll see a noticeable effect within a month or two.
Although the above-mentioned suggestions on how to get rid of unwanted hair on the face are fully guranteed to work, know that there is no such thing as an instant fix to your facial hair woe. Always remember that regular application and patience are required for you to enjoy maximum benefits.
Within just a few weeks of consistent use of your chosen method of how to get rid of unwanted hair, a lot of women will begin seeing the unwanted hair on their faces disappear but there’s no guarantee that the same thing would happen for you. Just be consistent in your efforts and wait until you see the results. Never attempt to try extreme measures no matter how tempting they can be.