If you’re searching for information on how to get rid of smoke smell effectively, make sure to read this article. With cigarette smoking leaving an unpleasant, persistent and lingering odor behind, you should know of the ways on getting rid of the smell to make way for a fresh and welcoming environment. This is very important especially if you have kids in the house who can be put at a major risk as passive-smokers.
How to Get Rid of a Smoker’s Breath
First things first, let’s talk about the ways on how to get rid of smoke smell from a smoker’s breath. The breath can be a turn off for a lot of people so it’s very important that you exert some effort in concealing it.
- One of the proven ways to relieving smoker’s breath is to use mouthwash. This also helps counter the damage to a smoker’s oral health.
- Chewing a gum after stubbing the cigarette is also an effective way of getting rid of a smoker’s breath. There are a lot of gums that you can buy in the market that have mild to strong flavors so might as well have them handy.
- There are people who eat snack to get rid of cigarette smell but while this is known effective, you need to be careful of what you eat. Make sure you’re eating healthy food and not processed ones.
How to Get Rid of Smoke Smell from Your Car
Cigarette smoke smell is one of the hardest to remove especially from a car as it gets absorbed into the plastic panels and into the upholstery. While it’s true that there isn’t a sure-fire way of how to get rid of smoke smell from your car, there are a number of methods that you can try to significantly reduce if not totally eliminate the odor.
- Vacuum the seats and the carpet. The best way to get rid of smoke smell in a car is to clean it from top to bottom by starting on the seats and the carpet to remove loose dirt. Get an auto upholstery cleaner and spray it in the car letting it sit for around 5 minutes.
- Empty the ashtray. How to get rid of smoke smell the easy way? In order to keep your car smelling fresh and clean, make sure to empty the ashtray before going home and calling it a day. Cigarette ash and butts can spread the unpleasant smell in the entire car if you leave the ashtray full when parking the car overnight.
- Keep an air freshener handy. It can be difficult to eliminate smoke smell right away especially if it’s been a long time since you attempted to get rid of it. If this is the case, just keep an airfreshener handy so that when a non-smoker hops in, you won’t have to worry about the unpleasant smell of your car.
- Shampoo or steam clean carpets and seats. This method of how to get rid of smoke smell goes for you if the car’s smell is already severe that vacuuming is no longer enough. Drop by a professional detail shop and seek help in getting rid of smoke smell in your upholstery.
How to Get Rid of Smoke Smell from Your House
If you don’t want the smoke smell to linger inside the house for too long, ventilation is very important. You need to open your doors and windows more often for the fresh air to come in and for the smell to not stay in the mats, carpets and the sofa. What are the other ways of how to get rid of smoke smell from your house aside from the ones mentioned?
- Wash curtains, cushion covers, blankets and other soft accessories. There are instances when ventilation is no longer enough as your method of how to get rid of smoke smell. This applies especially if it has spread and lingered around the house for too long already. To get away with tobacco smell, just wash fabrics regularly.
- Place a bowl of vinegar in the room. If your idea of how to get rid of smoke smell in the house is masking it while you’re still trying to totally eliminate it, there are a lot of products that you can use. The home-based remedy is placing a bowl of vinegar around the house to give it a pleasant fragrance.
- Do not allow smoking inside the house. Well, if you find smoke smell unpleasant, you have to do your best to get rid of it to welcome fresh air in your home. Prohibiting smoking in your abode will not only help you get rid of its smoke but also protect your loved ones from the dangers that cigarette poses to non-smokers.
- Call in a professional cleaner. What if all that efforts you exerted on how to get rid of smoke smell fail? Don’t stress yourself out and call a professional cleaner already. Just tell the service provider what exactly it is that you want them to get rid of so that they can bring the appropriate cleaners.
Tips & Warnings for Smokers
There are public places designated as ‘smoking areas’. If you feel the urge of smoking a cigarette, find your way to these areas so you don’t spread the smell in your house or in your car. If you don’t want to leave the house, choose one room where you will smoke. Smoking in just one area of the house can help a lot in confining the smell.
How to Live with a Smoker and Not Smell Like One
Just because you’re living with someone who smoke doesn’t mean to say that you need to live with the other person’s stench. If you can’t get him or her to stop smoking, just spend a few bucks for home remedies like baking soda and vinegar or air purifiers like electronic air cleaners, ionizers or mechanical air filters and you should just be an elbow grease away from breathing fresh air for the rest of your life.
Point of Advice
The best way of how to get rid of smoke smell is to not let it set on your car, clothes, house and on your mouth for more than a day or the problem will get worse. Do not delay on acting on smoke smell and use any of the abovementioned effectvie ways to get rid of it. Hope this helps!