One of the most common health problems today is the high blood pressure. Unlike the viruses, anyone can get this condition, no matter where you are from as it pertains to the heart and blood. The advancement of everything makes the tasks more convenient, save in the case where people do not need to shop around and get a sweat since online shopping has become popular. Furthermore, there are also a lot of people who do not know how to get rid of high blood pressure.
The good news is that, high blood pressure can be prevented and cured in different ways. You just need to understand what high blood pressure is all about, how it can detriment your life, becoming aware of its symptoms and understanding the most cost-effective and practical remedies as to how to get rid of high blood pressure.
What Is Hypertension?
Basically, a high blood pressure is also called a hypertension. It is a condition where the force or the pressures of the artery walls are high. Getting a high pressure of artery walls has never been good news as it can cause a lot of health problems like heart disease and stroke. A high blood pressure is not the disease itself, but a principal symptom that opens the opportunity for many diseases. The normal blood pressure is 120/80, and 140/90 is considered as hypertension.
What Are the Symptoms of Hypertension?
Most of the time, hypertensions are traitors because they don’t warn people ahead. But even assuming there was, a person will experience shortness of breath, nosebleeds, dizzy spells, mild headaches and vision problems. This is why knowing how to get rid of high blood pressure is a must!
Below Are the Top Ten Remedies for High Blood Pressure
- Pour the Lemons: Lemons keep the blood vessels pliable and soft by removing its rigidity, which in turn reduce the high blood pressure. It is rich in both Vitamin B, which is good for the heart and Vitamin C, which contains antioxidant that neutralizes the damaging effects of the free radicals. Make it a habit to drink at least six glasses of fresh lemon a day to maximize its effects. It works best when you drink it without salt or sugar.
- Crush the Watermelon Seeds: The secret of its success lies behind on cucurbocitrin, which is a compound that widens the blood capillaries. Furthermore, it improves the functioning of the kidney that drops down the blood pressure levels. To prepare, obtain two tablespoons of seeds, and crush them right away. Add the crush watermelon seeds to boiling water, and leave it for one hour. Once done, drink it!
- Punch the Garlic: When it comes to the ways on how to get rid of high blood pressure, Garlic has always been one of the most popular remedies to use as it easily reduces cholesterol levels. It is important to target the cholesterol level because it is the major culprit behind the condition. As to the contents, garlic is rich in hydrogen sulphide, which promotes a better blood flow. Whether cooked or raw, both have the same effect in controlling the high blood pressure. On an empty stomach, eat at least six fresh garlic a day. If you are not comfortable eating garlic alone, you can extract it by crushing at least ten garlic pods. Then add six drops of juice in 4-teaspoonful water and drink it to get relief.
- Ripe that Banana: Bananas contain potassium, which minimizes effects of sodium. For those people who do not know how to get rid of high blood pressure, consider banana because it is the most accessible fruit. Aside from bananas are raisins, currants, dried apricots, orange juice, zucchini, spinach, cantaloupe, winter squash and baked sweet potatoes.
- Keep Hydrated With Coconut Juice and Water: If you are currently suffering from high blood pressure and you don’t know how to get rid of high blood pressure, you just need to keep yourself hydrated with water or coconut juice. The recommended amount is at least 10 glasses daily. According to the medical studies, coconut water is rich in magnesium, vitamin C and potassium that can decrease the systolic blood pressure. Along with coconut water, you can also use coconut oil when cooking.
- Reduce Salt Intake: Salts are not good for hypertension, so reducing your salt intake may help a lot. If you are not used to eating foods without salt, you may reduce the amount until you are fine without it. For people with hypertension, it is best to stay away from frozen foods, and processed foods and as they contain a high level of sodium.
- Regular Physical Activity: You can always reap a lot of benefits when you do regular physical activity. Spare thirty minutes of your time every day at least five times a week to maintain a normal blood pressure level. It also boosts your metabolism. Brisk walking may be the best option.
- Quit Smoking and Reduce Alcohol: To maintain a normal blood pressure level, quit smoking and reduce the consumption of alcohol. Normally, chain-smokers will have a difficult time to quit smoking. The solution for this is to reduce the amount of cigarettes per day, until getting used to live without it.
- Stress Management: Among the ways on how to get rid of high blood pressure, managing stress effectively is the most comprehensive remedy to do. You can choose among yoga, relaxation and deep breathing exercises to help reduce stress. Basically, managing stress is not only helpful in lowering the cholesterol level, but also boosts your immune system.
- Sleeping Hours: Sleeping time has always been one of the most common ways on how to get rid of high blood pressure. Find time to sleep at least eight hours per day. If ever you have problems with time management, make sure to prioritize your sleeping hours before finishing any tasks, because comprising your sleep may lead to stress, which is not good for the heart.
Knowing the methods on how to get rid of high blood pressure mentioned above can be the reasons for both men and women to cheer up.