Do you want to know how to get rid of hickies fast and easy? Hickies are temporary red marks that can be seen in the different parts of the skin which are results of excessive sucking or kissing with force that is enough to break open the blood vessels under the skin and around the surface. They are also referred to by many people as love-marks, passion marks and love bites. These hickies can be afflicted in any part of the body but is most of the time seen in the neck area that can take around 5 days to naturally fade. However, if you want to work on speeding up the disappearance of love bites, the tips below might prove helpful.
Tips for Easy Removal of Hickies
Breath. Relax. It will be alright. Don’t worry about running out of ways on how to get rid of hickies because there are too many of them that you can try. Stop panicking if you need to go to work already and you’re worried your hickies will be seen by a lot of people in the office. For the purpose of helping you, this article will take you through the tips and tricks to removing love marks effectively.
- Minimize dark hickies with cold agents. If you have ice cubes in your refrigerator, use them to lessen if not totally remove hickies. Wrap it with a clean cloth and put it above the love bites. You can place a spoon on the freezer too for around 10 minutes and wrap it with a wash cloth afterwards. Massage it up and down the mark lightly until the spoon becomes warm again. Make sure that you don’t press the cold agents too hard on the hickies in order to avoid bruising the affected area. Also, do not directly apply cold agents on the skin or you’ll have ice burn.
- Massage the hickies lightly. In case your hickies are bleeding slightly, give it time to cease bleeding and then lighly masage them with your thumb following a circular motion. Don’t forget to thoroughly wash your face first prior to massaging your skin because you don’t want to end up with infected hickies that will only make the problem worse.
- Do the toobrush and hot water technique. If the first two methods on how to get rid of hickies don’t work, run to the washroom and get a spare toothbrush. Use its bristles to massage the hickies gently in a circular motion. What this will do is help in unclotting the blood under the affected skin and in aid in promoting bood circulation. The mark will recede with continuous blood flow.
How to Make Hickies Less Visible
- Go for a makeup. If you can’t wait for the methods on how to get rid of hickies to work because you need something that takes effect in a flash, go for a makeup. Apply a concealer or a foundation on the hickies to make them less visible. While this is not a permanent solution, this will help you get through the day without getting teased by your friends at work.
- Wear clothes that will cover them. It may not sound appropriate to wear a long-sleeve shirt, sweater or a turtle neck top especially during the summer but if it’s the only way you can hide your love marks then go for it. You can also make use of a scarf to avoid others from seeing your passion mark. A plaster or a gauze bandage with a convincing story about a bogus injury may also work for guys to cover their hickies.
When to Start
After you’ve had a night full of passion and you look at your mirror gazing at your love bites, start immediately with the tips and tricks on how to get rid of hickies because the earlier you start, the higher the chances you have of succeeding. While the tips mentioned above are not medically approved, there are many people who’ve attested that they actually are effective in minimizing if not totally removing hickies.