If you’re confused on which technique on how to get rid of facial hair to use, help is here for you. Facial hair, like a thin line above the lips is embarassing enough for women that send them in depression. For others, a stray hair on the chin that they find when preparing for a date is already a good reason to hide and not get out of the room anymore. Don’t let a thin line of hair in the face ruin your self-esteem! There’s a lot that you can do to get rid of facial hair that if you walk through the isles in the supermarket, you’ll find countless hair removal products that you can use.
Getting Rid of Facial Hair for Women
The best method on how to get rid of facial hair depends greatly on its growth, location and coarseness. There are those methods that are effective for use in removing hair from narrower areas like the chin and upper lip while there are those that are best used on broader parts of the face like the neck, forehead and the cheeks. If you want some tips on removing embarrassing facial hair, here are a few of them:
- Apply depilatory cream on the face. There are many different depilatory creams that are available in the market today for you to choose from. This way of removing facial hair is pretty easy to do. Just apply the cream on the skin then wipe it off after a few seconds. What’s great about this is that there’s no pain involved which makes this a nice idea for those who have low tolerance to pain. The downside of this method on how to get rid of facial hair is that what you buy might contain chemicals that can cause irritation on the skin so if you have sensitive skin, you might have to steer clear of them.
- Bleach unwanted hair. This is one of the safest methods on how to get rid of facial hair that even if this isn’t designed for the purpose of removing facial hair, this is still known effective according to those women who’ve tried it. What bleach does is color the hair to make it the same with the skin so that it will be hardly noticeable. Of course, there’s a downside with bleaching creams. Some of them are known to irritate the skin so make sure that you go for a patch test on your hand first before you apply it on your face.
- Wax your face. Even with the pain involved in waxing, this remains one of the most effective and preferred methods of getting rid of facial hair removal by many women. What this method does is eradicate hair from its root so that it would take time for it to grow again. The only disadvantage of waxing is that it can lead to skin sagging over the years because of the process that involves the pulling of the skin.
Other Methods of Getting Rid of Facial Hair
For those women who want to have smooth, hairless faces, unwanted hair can be very depressing. While others make do with the natural methods of gettig rid of unwanted hair in the face, there are those who choose to go for medical procedures like eletrolysis and laser.
- If you want permanent hair removal, you might want to consider going through eletrolysis which targets one hair at a time by way of mild electric currents that pass through each strand deactivating its root.
- A beam of laser is passed on the skin to kill the roots of the unwanted hair on the face which targes several hundreds of hair strands at one time. Compared to electrolysis, this is not time-consuming at all but there may still be a need for multiple sessions.
What Is the Best Method?
You might have noticed that the methods on how to get rid of facial hair as their own pros and cons so you’ll have to think and decide which one to choose. In case you have excessive facial hair growth, ask your dermatologist for help in ruling out the possibility of hormonal imbalance, if any, or other medical condition that you’re not aware of.