If you used to suffer from about of acne, you should already be familiar with the agony of putting up with its scars but do you know how to get rid of acne scars overnight? While there are people who are lucky enough to just have temporary, minor scarring, others are less fortunate to carry the embarrassing memories of their adolescence forever.
Natural Remedies that Offer Quick Results
Many people get the help of certain cosmetic procedures as their way of how to get rid of acne scars overnight. However, the results of dermabrasion, chemical peels and other procedures depend on the type of scars and most of the options are pretty expensive. Meanwhile, there are those who try natural remedies first especially if they only have mild scarring. Among the ideas that help get rid of acne scars are the following:
- Apply castor oil on skin. This natural cure is used as both a natural facial wash and a blemish-fighter for acne. For best results, apply the purest form of the oil on the skin and leave it to settle for a few minutes before you wash it off with warm water. This oil can be combined with baking soda too to come up with a facial mask that can be used to clear and lift blackheads from the skin.
- Spread yogurt in the scarred areas of the skin. How to get rid of acne scars overnight with yogurt? Yogurt has live enzymes that aid in removing impurities and in lightening the skin’s complexion. Just spread a sugar-free, plain yogurt ito the parts of your face that have acne scars and leave it to settle for around 15 minutes. To make the skin soft and smooth, you can also add avocado or egg whites to yogurt.
- Apply pure honey on the acne scar. This is one of the most common suggestions that you will get when you ask around for ideas on how to get rid of acne scars overnight. Honey is an antibaterial which targets skin blemishes too. All you need to do is apply pure honey on the scarred areas of your face and leave it on the skin for around 15 minutes then rinse it with cool water afterwards. If you happen to also need a remedy for the fine lines and wrinkles on your face, just add yogurt and lemon juice to the sweet ingredient to come up with a facial mask. Allow it to settle on your skin for around 10 minutes then rinse it with cool water as well.
- Swipe cotton ball with lemon juice across the skin. If you need to lighten acne scars naturally, you should try lemon juice. It is used to bleach the skin which in turn fades away scar tissues. Squeeze a little of the juice on a cotton ball then apply it on the skin. Just leave it on the face to settle for around 10 minutes then wash it off with cool water. The scar should start fading within the first few days of using it as your preferred treatment.
- Use baking soda. While other natural remedies work best when combined with baking soda on how to get rid of acne scars overnight, this alone is enough to get the job done. Simple add water to baking soda and mix them to come up with a paste. Apply this on the scarred areas and leave the mask for around 10 mintues before rinsing it with tepid water. To tighten the pores and prevent the damage that free radicals can bring, you can add egg whites to this facial mask too.
- Squeeze alove vera on scars. This natural soothing agent can be used as your preffered method on how to get rid of acne scars overnight. Not only will aloe vera help in treating scars but also on easing various skin conditions like wounds and burns. Squeeze out fresh juice from the plan or the leaves and apply it directly on the scarred areas. To come up with a more powerful treatment, add a few drops of tea tree old into the juice and gently apply it over the acne scars.
Over-The-Counter Treatments that Work Fast
If you need results that are quicker than what the natural remedies can offer, you can also give over-the-counter treatments a shot. Just like the case with all other treatments, what works for other people may not work for everyone. What you can do is try the most effective ones and observe if your acne scars are actually diminishing then pick which is right for you. Among your options on how to get rid of acne scars overnight as these:
- Cortisone cream. This acne scar removal cream is known to help a lot in reducing inflammation of the skin and encouraging the treatment of the marks that acne leaves behind. Since there are many different types of cortisone cream, you might have to find out which will work for you by consulting your dermatologist.
- Lightening cream. One of the fastest and easiest ways on how to get rid of acne scars overnight, try those lightening creams that have ingredients such as arbutin, licorice extract and kolic acid to safely fade away acne scars. When looking for a lightening cream, avoid those that contain hydroquinone especially if you have sensitive skin because it can irritate it.
- Retinoid cream. Another option on how to get rid of acne scars overnight is a retinoid skin produt that is also used in treating other skin problems like discoloration, wrinkles and fine lines. You can get this in many different skincare companies that offer them over-the-counter but this product with high strength can only be bought with prescriptions.
Tips for Prevening Acne Scars
As always, prevention is better than cure so if you’re dealing with acne right now and you don’t want to deal with scars later on, here are tips that can help you out:
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins out of your body.
- Stop drinking soft drinks that trigger acne.
- Lessen your intake of milk, sugar and processed food.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and fibrous vegetables.
- Avoid stress as much as you can.
- Remove make up and wash your fash before going to bed.
- Do not use greasy cosmetics.
If You Don’t Get Your Desired Results
As already mentioned above, one method on how to get rid of acne scars overnight that works for one person may not work for another. At the same time, it is possible that whatever natural or over-the-counter treatment that you use won’t give you the results that you desired. If this happens to you, it is best that you consult your dermatologist for help in deciding which aggressive treatment would work for you.