Looking and feeling good about your physical appearance can go a long way when it comes to boosting your self-esteem that’s why you have to know how to get rid of acne scars fast, if you have any. It’s not easy to feel satisfied with your appearance if every time you look at the mirror, you’d see embarrassing and long lasting acne scars. This write-up will talk about your choices of medical procedures that will help you get rid of acne scars.
Medical Treatments Available
A lot of people look for an answer to the question ‘how to get rid of acne scars fast’ and most of the time, they get home remedy suggestions. Now, what should you do if all the natural methods you’ve tried don’t help you eliminate acne scars? The following are your choices:
- This procedure is often confused with the famous microdermabrasion which targets the top layer of the skin’s dead surface cells. Dermabrasion is a bit coarser procedure which works on the further layers that how it works is as if you’re rubbing sandpaper on your face. What the dermatologist will do is numb your face before he or she begins with the removal of the layers of dead surface skin cells through the process called ‘sanding’. The recovery time for dermabrasion is 2 weeks.
- Laser Resurfacing. Another way on how to get rid of acne scars fast is through laser resurfacing which uses a laser to eradicate the problem. This kind of procedure works the same way with dermabrasion which removes damaged skin layers so that a new, healthy one can grow. The recovery time for this procedure is 2 weeks and your doctor will require you to apply a topical ointment on the scar to speed up the recovery process.
- Chemical Peel. You can also have a chemical peel performed to get rid of acne scars. This is a great option for those people with very light scarring wherein different acid types are applied to the skin’s top layer and removed after 15 minutes. As for the recovery time, it can take a couple of days to a few weeks depending on the amount of acid that was applied to the scar. Swelling and redness are common to those who’ve tired chemical peel.
- In this manner on how to get rid of acne scars fast, a dermatologist injects collagen and other fillers under the skin to smoothen the area which has scarring. Also, your dermatologist might remove fat from other parts of your body to inject on the scarred area instead of using fillers. The recovery time for this procedure is shorter then the previous ones mentioned, taking just a day at most. It’s just like you are receiving a regular injection that you can go back to work right away after the procedure.
Prevention of Acne Scars
Acne itself is already bad but the scars that it leaves behind are worse as they can create a lifetime of hassle and embarassment. While it is vital to know how to get rid of acne scars fast, preventing them actually sounds easier than you think it is. Here we go with some tips:
- Do not play with your acne by poking or prodding pimples.
- Wash your skin everyday using an oil-free, mild cleanser to avoid infection and reduce the risk of having scars.
- Apply sunscreen on face before going outside the house.
How to Deal with Regular Breakouts
Now that you already know how to get rid of acne scars fast, you might wonder if all the options above are ideal for all types of skin. If you’re the kind of person who has sensitive skin and you have regularly-occuring breakouts, it can be difficult to avoid scarring. Do whatever you can to prevent lifetime scarring and skin damage and if all your efforts fail, see your dermatologist to get advice and suggestions on the best treatment for your skin.