How do you get rid of stretch marks is a question that lots of men and women want to find an answer for because many are dealing with ugly marks in their bodies. They normally occur when the skin gets rapidly stretched to a point that is more than its actual elasticity. Most of the time, this condition occurs with rapid weight loss or gain, during the growth periods that are related to puberty, and during pregnancy. The good news for those who are looking for ways to get rid of stretch marks is that there are several methods available—both natural and medical treatments.
Available Cures for Stretch Marks
There are many different ways to get rid of unwanted lines and while some people opt for cosmetic and plastic surgeries, there are those who find home remedies helpful. If you’re interested on removing stretch marks, here are a few suggestions:
- Cocoa butter. Moisturize with cocoa butter three times a day and you’ll notice that the appearance of your existing stretch marks will be reduced. Massage the butter into the buttocks, thighs, hips and other parts of the body with unsightly marks. This home remedy not only helps get rid of stretch marks but also prevent the development of new ones.
- How do you get rid of stretch marks with honey? The therapeutic properties of this home cure is not something that is unknown to many people all around the world. Put a damp clean cloth on the area with stretch marks and evenly pour honey into it. Wait until honey starts to dry so that you can wash it off already with a warm piece of cloth.
- Jojoba oil. What this oil does is seep deeply into the skin’s intracellular matrix for elasticity retention thereby reducing the visibility of stretch marks. Apply this on the skin and not only will this remove unwanted marks but improve the skin’s texture at the same time.
- Scar treatment cream. How do you get rid of stretch marks? Since the unwanted marks are essentially scars, applying any treatment cream should actually work. There are many over-the-counter products that you can choose from but what you should get is something that has onion extract as it has been proven to fade scars if applied regularly on the stretch marks. Keep in mind that you should be applying a scar treatment cream two times a day for at least a month before you will start noticing positive results.
- Laser treatment. How do you get rid of stretch marks? One of the common answers is laser treatment which targets the darker pigment levels and scar tissues that leads to the lesser visibility of unwanted marks by breaking them up. Laser treatment also encourages the production of collagen so that the skin will look smoother and firmer.
If you don’t want to deal with unsightly marks and endlessly look for information on ‘how do you get rid of stretch marks’, apply curative measures right from the start. Maintain a balanced diet in order to avoid excessive salt, sugar and fats from the body. Drink plenty of water to keep the body hydrated and get help in flushing out of toxins. Lastly, get regular exercise to promote circulation and overall health helping the skin stay smooth and firm.