How do you get rid of skin tags without paying for the service of a medical professional? The effective methods that you can do at home include cutting with sharp scissors, tying with thread, putting nail polish, covering with duct tape and many others. If you want to get detailed information about these methods and more about removing skin tags, read on.
Also referred to as acrochorda, skin tags are soft, movable, harmless and unsightly skin protrusions that repeatedly pop up. While they are mostly found popping up in the neck, groin and armpit, they can also develop in other parts of the body. When it pops in the face, it can be a bit disheartening because it can ruin your look as well as your self-confidence. Oftentimes, people would wonder and ask ‘how do you get rid of skin tags?’ and if you have the same question in mind right now, scroll down to find detailed information on removing skin tags on your own.
Removing Skin Tags on Your Own
Skin tags are not harmful to one’s health but those who ask how do you get rid of skin tags want them removed for cosmetic purposes. The safest approach is visiting the doctor’s clinic yet it’s not practical to get medical treatments for recurrent pop ups. What can do is adopt methods to removing the tags at home and here are a few instructions that might help you out.
- Tying a thread. How do you get rid of skin tags with a thread? Tie a strong thread string around the stalk and cut the tags above the thread with the use of scissors or a sterile nail clipper. You can also use dental floos instead of a thread by the way. Just like the therapeutic method of getting rid of tags, this may sound painful and difficult to do but once you try this, you would realize that this just isn’t so. After cutting the skin flap, clean the area where the skin tags used to be and apply antibacterial cream on the affected area.
- Put nail polish. You might have been suprised to learn that nail polish can be used for skin tags removal. It may sound funny but this is actually effective. Now, how do you get rid of skin tags with nail polish? Cover the tags with a good nail polish brand at least two times a day to kill the protrusions. Withint just a few days, you will notice that your skin tags have dried up and gradually disappeared on their own leaving you with a smooth skin.
- Cover with duct tape. One of the simplest methods on how to get rid of skin tags is putting a piece of duct tape in them. You may be asking how do you get rid of skin tags with a piece of tape. Well, the job is pretty easy to do. Cut pieces of duct tape that are big enough to cover the tags completely and leave them on the affected skin area for 6 days. Replace loosen tape within the time frame and remove them on the night of the 6th day. Check if the flaps have been removed or not. If not then repeat the steps until you no longer find the unsightly skin tags when you remove the duct tape every other six days.
Removing Skin Tags With Home Remedies
From a medical standpoint, flaps are not harmful but they can definitely harm the self-esteem of the person dealing with them that’s why the ‘how do you get rid of skin tags’ is frequently asked by many people all around the world. There are medical treatments available but in most cases, removing flaps are is not covered by insurance. Well, there are a number of natural remedies available anyway so you should still be able to get rid of flaps without spending a lot of money. Get the job done with the following home remedies:
- Oregano oil. This home treatment contains arvacrol, thymol and p-cymene, components that have antibacterial properties helping quickly get rid of skin tags. How to use this oil? Mix a few drops of oregano and coconut oil then apply this directly on the affected skin area thrice a day. What this mixture would do is dry out the tags making them fall off on their own.
- Apple cider vinegar. The skin tags tissues would be destroyed completely if you would apply this vinegar on the affected parts of your body. How do you get rid of skin tags with apple cider vinegar? Just take 2 tbsps. of this vinegar and dip a cotton ball on it. After cleansing the skin and drying it completely, apply the cotton ball on the skin tags and squeeze it while massaging the skin to saturate the vinegar in it. Repeat this same process thrice a day or until the skin tags are totally gone.
- Lemon juice. The citric acid in fresh lemon juice helps in decomposing the skin tag cells so whenever you see protrusions, just take this home remedy. How do you get rid of skin tags with this readily available treatment? Dip a cotton ball on a bowl with some lemon juice then directly apply it on the affected skin area. Leave it to sit on the skin until it dries off. After a few days of applying this home remedy, you would notice that your skin tags would change colors until they become black, dry out and then completely vanish. Just be patient enough to wait for the results and apply lemon juice on your skin tags 2-3 times a day.
If You’re Not Satified with the After Results
There you have it, some of the most common answers on the ‘how do you get rid of skin tags’ question that is often asked by many people with tags that have grown in their faces. Hopefully, the flaps will fall off of your skin in just a few days. Just in case you don’t feel satifisfied with the after results of the methods you followed on skin tag removal at home, don’t hesitate to take a trip to your trusted dermatologist for help in effectively removing skin flaps.