Cockroaches are among the most feared insects all over the world. There are many people who do not want to be near or even just to see cockroaches, especially flying cockroaches. The biggest problem about cockroaches is that it is very difficult to kick them out of your house once they already find it comfortable to live in. You might kill an adult cockroach, but you won’t be able to kill its eggs, which can produce hundreds or even thousands of adult cockroaches in the future, hidden somewhere in your house. This is the reason why it is important to know the most effective ways in getting rid of cockroaches in your house in the most efficient way.
Getting Rid of Cockroaches Using D-I-Y Insect Solution
Getting rid of cockroaches might not be that easy. However, you can definitely do it with the right procedures. You are fortunate to find this article as this will tell you the things you can do to kick these unwanted cockroaches out of your house. These are the following things you need to do in order to finally to say goodbye to these insects:
- Coffee Grounds
If you are addicted on coffee, you are definitely lucky. You will no longer have the problem of coffee grounds. The assumption why coffee grounds are effective in getting rid of cockroaches is due to the acid present on it. Don’t worry about the smell of coffee grounds. Your house will just smell like Starbucks. For those who are coffee addicts, your house will become your haven. Aside from that, you will find no trace of cockroaches anymore.
- Borax + Sugar
If you are really eager about getting rid of cockroaches, then you might want to try this very effective do-it-yourself cockroach pesticide. All you need are borax and sugar. You just have to mix these two and you will immediately have your own version of cockroach killing spray. It is very effective when it comes to dehydrating the exoskeleton of cockroaches. Honestly speaking, borax is everything you need for shooing the pests away. The sugar only acts as a bait. However, it is still needed. How can the cockroach go near the borax without a strong bait?
- Fabric Softener + Water
There is also another mixture that is really effective in getting rid of cockroaches. This is none other than the mixture of fabric softener and water. This solution is very efficient. Unlike other solutions, this one is very thick. Of course, it is expected to be thick knowing that the mixture should contain three parts of fabric softener while only two parts of water is only needed. Once you spray the cockroach with this solution, it will immediately start to stop and keel.
If you can notice, the things stated above that are known to be effective and efficient in getting rid of cockroaches are something that are very easy to make. This means you really do not have to spend a lot of money in buying commercialized insect spray just to shoo those cockroaches away from your home. By doing your own solution, you will be able to save a lot of money and save your family from the possible harmful effects of those chemical-based solutions or sprays.
- Getting Rid of Cockroaches By Starving Them
There is also another approach that can help you in getting rid of cockroaches. You do not have to prepare anything. All you need to do is to get rid of the food that the cockroaches love to starve then and force them to get out of your house. These are the things you should do to successfully starve those unwelcome cockroaches at home:
- Avoid stocking dry goods anywhere. Store these in tightly-sealed containers.
- Stop leaving your food on your counters. When we say food, it also includes fruit bowls.
- Before you put bottles, cans and plastics on the recycle bin, you should rinse these first.
- Seal your wood shelves by painting or varnishing it. Then, do not forget to wipe them to make it clean on a regular basis.
- Make sure to empty your trash every day to avoid pests, including cockroaches and rats from going there.
Expect those cockroaches to leave your home when they find no food to eat anymore. If they won’t leave, then they will just die in starvation. Remember that cockroaches love to eat a lot. Taking away their food will be a very effective method in making them leave your house.
- Getting Rid of Cockroaches By Cleaning
Of course, you can’t expect your house to be free from cockroaches if it is not clean enough. A dirty house will definitely be a house of different insects, including cockroaches. If you want to have a cockroach-free house, be ready to spend some time for cleaning. These are the things you should always do to keep cockroaches and other unwanted insects away from your house:
- Clean under sink, inside appliances and around water heaters with a solution of 50-50 of water and vinegar.
- Vacuum behind your washer and dryer and behind your fridge.
- Clean the inside of your fridge on a regular basis.
- Make sure to keep your stove spotless.
- Do not let your laundry pile up. Wash clothes as often as you can. If possible, at least twice a week.
- Mop your hard floors every now and then.
- Remember to keep drains free from grease.
- Make sure to wipe counters after food preparation.
- Always sweep the floor after meal.
Aside from the things enumerated above, there are still other cleaning chores that you have to do every day. By keeping your house clean, you are making it free from any insect. Remember that insects usually appear when the environment is dirty. So, if you do not want to see cockroaches or any other insects from your home, make sure to keep it clean all the time.