Nowadays, both adult women and men get to a point in their life that they try to find ways to get rid of gray hair. Basically, gray hair treatment needs a combination of both internal and external procedures. Internal types are considered to be the most important because gray hair is basically caused by some problems within the body’s system. Such hairs on individuals are normally seen by many as an accurate sign of a person getting old. This is why it is very understandable that many do want to resolve this issue. Fortunately, there are a good number of things individuals with gray hair have as options. They can go with the cover up approach, gray hair growth prevention, and even processes that reverse the growth itself.
Natural Hair Rinses
A lot of home remedies are available that are proven to be effective ways to get rid of gray hair. This involves hair rinsing added with a mixture of different liquids that can add color potentially. Though these methods has not yet been proven scientifically to work, many would agree that there is no harm in trying.
- Rosemary and Sage – To create the leave-on treatment, boil a half cup of each herb in water using a good size about 30 minutes. After boiling, use a strain to remove the herbs out. Wait for the mixture to cool down and once cool, pour it over the scalp and hair. Leave on your hair and wait for it to dry naturally. Once dry, using a natural shampoo, rinse thoroughly. This way to get rid of gray hair works best if done once a week.
- Gooseberries – Boiling Indian gooseberries in coconut oil until the colors turn black can also be used in treating gray hair problems. It is important to let the mixture cool slightly and then apply as evenly as you can to your scalp and hair, make sure to massage your scalp with your fingers. To get rid of gray hair faster, leave the mixture on your scalp and hair for 30 minutes and then rinse out thoroughly.
- Black walnut – After cracking open a number of black walnuts, then add it to a boiling pot of water. Let it boil for about 15 minutes, then wait for it to cool. When the mixture cools down, drain the walnuts away from the water and rinse hair with it. Let your hair dry naturally, then shampoo and rinse thoroughly. For better results, do this at least twice a week.
Additional Natural Remedies
Aside from the mentioned herbs, nuts and berries, there are still other natural remedies to get rid of gray hair. It is important to know that home remedies don’t always work the same way between individuals. So it won’t hurt to get ready and know several remedies available to discover which one works best.
- Black Seed Oil with Olive Oil – Both of these oils have been used for more than thousands of years in treating and even curing gray hair issues. Use of these oils makes the hair shiny and healthy. It also promotes new hair follicle growth. To prepare, mix equal amounts of both oils and gently and thoroughly massage into your scalp. Leave it for about an hour with warm water. Daily application is highly recommended. Additionally, consumption of black seed oil also provides extra benefits internally. 1 teaspoon two times a day is enough to feel significant positive changes.
- Sesame Seeds – Another way to get rid of gray hair and prevent additional graying of hair is by using sesame seeds. It works surprisingly on hair that is gray already. By using almond oil that is mixed with grounded sesame seeds would lead to a paste. This post would then be applied on the scalp and for about 20 to 25 minutes, let it sit in the scalp area. Taking sesame seeds internally or making it a part of your diet supplement will also the chances of positive results.
- Fenugreek – An old, but yet effective way to get rid of gray hair is by using Fenugreek. This is already considered a very old technique in preventing and removing gray hair. The seed is actually not only beneficial for the hair, it’s also good for the body. It is considered by many to be a good health supplement that is beneficial to the entire body. Adequate daily consumption of fenugreek sprouts helps improve the overall state of the body. The paste can also be applied on the scalp and hair to help prevent gray hair from prematurely appearing.
- Lime Juice and Coconut Oil – Naturally, our hair needs nutrients from the food we consume. Total and proper nourishment is a very important thing to have healthy hair and to get rid of gray hair. Coconut oil provides natural nourishment and even nourishes the skin also. It also stimulates overall hair growth and even helps in fighting fungal infections. Month long use will significantly help in removing gray hair. This is mainly because it is basically packed with lots of antibiotics. To use, mix a small amount of coconut oil with also a small amount of natural Lemon juice, then apply and massage on the scalp thoroughly using your fingertips.
- Henna – The use of Henna to get rid of gray hair is very common all over, and many know the positive effects it has on hair when applied. It is an all-natural colorant that works well with her. Henna gives the hair a natural shine color and also conditions and strengthen it too. To use, mix 2 tbsp. of henna powder, 1 tbsp. yoghurt, 3 tbsp. coffee, 1 tbsp. fenugreek, 2 tbsp. basil, and 3 tbsp. mint juice. Make sure to mix well until it is a paste then apply on the hair, then rinse after leaving it on the scalp and hair for approximately 3 hours.
We can never stop or reverse the ageing process we are undergoing. These methods are here to help take care of not only our hair but our overall wellness. It is important to know that unhealthy living and too much stress can eventually lead to gray or even white hair. So before worrying how to get rid of gray hair, make sure to start the change from within.