Nobody wants any acne scars on their faces; so, they keep on searching for the best way to get rid of acne scars. In fact, a lot of people find it tougher to get rid of acne scars than getting rid of the acne itself. But, Mother Nature is abundant with different acne scar treatments. Nonetheless, there are over-the-counter and prescription medications that can also help in lightening or eliminating those unwanted acne scars. The following ingredients and methods are proven and effective ways to get rid of acne scars as many people have tried them. If you have a limited budget, try out the list below as these are highly-accessible, do-it-yourself remedies to treat acne scars.
Lemon juice has natural skin healing properties, making it is one of the effective methods, if not the best way to get rid of acne scars and other skin problems. It is rich in vitamin C that helps in repairing collagen. Use lemon juice on a daily basis. Here’s what you need and the procedures in using lemon juice as treatment for acne scars.
1 tablespoon of lemon, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of almond oil, 2 tablespoons of milk
- Mix all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, ensuring that everything is blended well.
- Apply directly on the acne scars.
- Leave it for a few hours and then rinse with clean water.
- Never stay under the sun once you’ve applied the mixture.
- Apply moisturizer after facial wash.
- Do this between 7 and 10 days only, and you’ll notice the difference.
Without a doubt, Olive oil is famous and effective as skin treatment. Some people consider this oil to be the best way to get rid of acne scars, wrinkles, pimples, and many other skin problems. It contains tons of vitamins, iron, and antioxidant. It also has a powerful anti-inflammatory property. Here are the things you need to do in using Olive oil as treatment.
Things You Need:
A clean towel or sterile cloth, warm water, and Olive oil
- Get a small amount of Olive Oil
- Gently massage on the acne scars, massaging for several minutes until the oil is absorbed by the skin.
- Grab the cloth and then wrap it into the warm water.
- Place the cloth onto the face so as to get steam.
- Wipe your face of excess oil once the steam fades.
- Never rub your face with the towel.
- Wash your face with clean water after 2 minutes.
- Do this before bedtime.
Other people consider baking soda as the best way to get rid of acne scars. It is a famous alternative remedy for its exfoliating effects. It helps in minimizing the appearance of scars, removing dead skin layers without inflammation. Simply follow the procedures below to maximize the healing benefits of baking soda.
- Measure 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Add water to create a paste-like mixture, adding soda or water to achieve desired consistency.
- Rub and massage the paste on face, especially on the acne scars.
- Let it stand for several minutes.
- Rinse with warm, clean water.
- Apply a bit of Olive as a moisturizer.
- Make the process 2 or 3 times every week until you notice desired results.
Aloe Vera is regarded as the miracle herb. It can help in soothing swollen skin, while healing damaged tissues, and speeding up the healing process all at the same time. The plant’s sap is a natural soothing substance that is also used in varied skin issues like burns, wounds, and perhaps, the best way to get rid of acne scars.
- Grab an Aloe Vera leaf if you have one in your garden.
- Peel the outer green cover, arriving at a gel-like substance.
- Extract the gel.
- Apply it directly on the acne scars.
- Leave it for a minute and then wash off.
- Do this twice a day in several days for fast results
Those fresh, red tomatoes are equally natural remedies in relieving skin problems, if not the best way to get rid of acne scars. Make your own, fresh and natural tomato mask by following these steps.
Ingredients: 2 large, ripe tomatoes, 1 small cucumber, 2 small avocados
- Pulp out the tomato juice in a small mixing bowl
- Grate the cucumber and then squeeze out its juice
- Do the same with the avocados
- Mix all ingredients together in a single bowl.
- Apply the mixture on face, concentrating more on the acne scars.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with clean water.
Avoid Touching Your Acne
Perhaps, another sensible way or could be the best way to get rid of acne scars is to refrain from touching your acne or pimples, thus, reducing the spread of bacteria and the formation of acne. By doing this, the occurrence of acne scars is also reduced. Avoid touching, picking, or squeezing your acne, especially if it is filled with pus.
Most of the time, surgical procedures are costly, but some people regard this as the best way to get rid of acne scars. It is mainly because the results are achieved faster than using home remedies. However, not all can afford such types of medical procedures, relying only on home and less expensive home treatments.
Prevention Is Absolute
The best way to get rid of acne scars is to avoid having acne in the first place. There is no better cure than prevention itself. But, there are inescapable factors that contribute to the formation of acne such as pollution, puberty, and genes. Unhealthy lifestyles, lack of exercise, and poor diet can also lead to pimples and other skin disorders. Thus, it is of absolute importance to try and resort to the best way to get rid of acne scars possible in order to restore the youthful glow and radiance of your skin.