Are you looking for some ideas on how to get rid of a hickey immediately? In this adventurous journey of life, an adult finds herself or himself in scenarios that are rather embarassing once. Spotting a hickey attracts giggles and stares which causes the affected person embarassement making him or her uncomfrotable and not able to go about daily routines with ease. If you have a hickey and you would like it off as fast as you acquired it, read on to know some tricks to get rid of it.
Fast Removal of a Hickey
So, you had a great night full of passion and you’re now left with a hickey that you can’t seem to remove. How to get rid of a hickey is an ongoing search of many people who have no idea about removing love bites or passion marks. The trick is the earlier you get them, the sooner you should find ways to eliminate them for better chances of succeeding. Here are a few suggestions on how you can lessen the visibility of a hickey:
- Ice it until swelling goes down. This is one of the most effective cold approaches on how to get rid of a hickey that is commonly used by many people. Remember when you were a child and your mom would put ice on your injuries to keep the swelling down? This is the same principle that applies when attempting to remove a hickey. Apply an ice pack to a fresh passion mark to allow blood circulation in the affected area. You may feel a burning sensation with this so hold the ice against the spot just for as long as you can tolerate then put the ice pack again on the hickey after a few minutes.
- Lay cold spoon on it. Another cold-approach on how to get rid of a hickey, what this trick does is decrease the size and color of the love bite. Take a metal spoon, place it in the freezer and get it after 20 minutes. If it’s already freezing cold, lay the spoon over the spot on your neck where the fresh hickey is. If the temperature of the spoon warms up, put it again in the freezer for a few minutes and repeat the same process until your hickey becomes less visible.
- Twist a cap on it. You can use a chap stick, a lip balm or anthing that has the same cap then rub it on the area with a hickey. Position the cap against the affected skin area then twist it back and forth to promote better blood circulation. At first, this may hurt and make the sorrounding skin area turn red but when the blood starts to circulate again, your hickey will disappear fast.
- Brush the hickey away. This is another commonly used method on how to get rid of a hickey fast which doesn’t require you to prepare a lot of stuff. You can use a hairbrush. Just like the cap trick, this will also hurt rather than sooth but this will help promote blood circulation and lead to the fading away of your hickey. Keep brushing even if your neck feels irritated until you have rubbed the affected area through.
- Apply the massage approach. Gently massage the hickey with your fingertips to break up the clots from under your skin and reduce the visibility of the love bite. Expect that this method of how to get rid of a hickey will sting a bit but as long as you aren’t feeling a significant pain, just keep going. You can use toothbrush too but don’t use too much pressure or your skin will get damaged.
- Use the hot method. In contradiction to the cold method using a freezing spoon and an ice pack, you can also apply the hot method. Be mindful though that this entails timing. You should only apply heat in the affected area after 48 hours since the hickey was formed so that by then, the broken capillaries have already healed. What the heat does is improve the flow of blood in the affected area promoting re-absorption of the clot to the blood stream fading the discoloration away.
- Scrape it with a coin. The idea of this trick on how to get rid of a hickey is to break down the clotting on the affected skin area and spread it to the surrounding tissues. Use a coin to scrape away the skin from the center of the love bite going outwards. Care should be taken when following this procedure because if you apply too much pressure when scraping, your skin might become irritated.
When All Else Fails
Granting that you already tried all the tips and tricks on how to get rid of a hickey but it’s still there, appearing very fresh, what would you do? There are really situations when it’s not possible to heal a hickey fast, requiring more time to totally heal. The best thing you can do is just try to conceal it. The two common ways of hiding a hickey are as follows:
- Applying make-up. You can hide the appearance of a hickey with the wise use of make-up that blends well with the injury. What’s commonly used is a green lining that conceals the red soreness of a hickey. You can also use a yellow foundation on top of the lining to not make the hickey obvious.
- Wear the right clothing. If the method you used on how to get rid of a hickey don’t do you any good, look for turtle necks and long-sleeved blouses in your cabinet to hide it instead. Just make sure that the clothes you wear match with the weather when employing this tactic or it would be obvious that you’re trying to hide something behind your clothes.
Importance of Getting Rid of a Hickey
There’s nothing wrong with getting a hickey but you surely don’t want to go to the office or attend an event with it blared in full view of the public. Hopefully the methods on how to get rid of a hickey that are listed here would help you cover if not totally get rid of it. You don’t have to sport a love bite on your neck and endure the embarassment as long as you know of the ways of getting rid of it.