What is the best tip on how to get rid of whiteheads on the face? Not all of us are blessed to have blemish-free skin but if the main cause of having facial spots are whiteheads, you can definitely do something about it. All you have to do is follow several home treatments to totally remove them. Since whiteheads show up because of excessive oil secretion that mostly are seen in the face, the main focus is in addressing oily skin. This article will provide you with home treatment methods to eliminate whiteheads and prevent the occurence of new acne so keep reading.
Simple Home Remedies
The only time that you should visit a dermatologist is if it’s a severe problem that you’re dealing with and if you have lots of whiteheads that need to be acted upon right away. However, if there only a few of them to remove, there are some tips that you can get on how to get rid of whiteheads such as the following:
- Wash face regularly. A number of instances of whiteheads are caused by lack of skin care and poor facial hygiene. Wash your face two times a day and gentle exolifate it at least twice every week and drink plenty of water to flush out toxins from your body. Only use a mild, unscented soap and avoid squeezing the face. Just pat it to dry.
- Steam your face. Taking a steam is one of the best tips you can get on how to get rid of whiteheads as this will make way for the unclogging of the skin pores. This should be done at least two times a week. In a bowl of hot water, put a few drops of tea tree oil and leave it for a few minutes. Get a clean towel to cover your head and steam your face. Rinse thoroughly and apply a facial moisturizer on it.
- Apply baking soda on the face. A lot of people say that they were able to get prompt results with the use of a mixture of baking soda and hot water. All you need to prepare is ½ cup of water and 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Stir well and apply the warm mixture on the affected parts of your face. Rinse it thoroughly after 10 minutes. Pat to dry.
Things to Remember When Treating Whiteheads
Dealing with whiteheads is never fun as there are a lot of things that you should remember. You have to be cautious about using skin care products as some of them contain chemicals that might be harmful to your skin. Now this is just one of the many things to keep in mind and some additional ones are enumerated below.
- Do not poke or pop the whiteheads or they will get worse. This is contrary to those that other people are suggesting that the whiteheads should be poked with a sewing needle.
- Do not press the whiteheads too hard. If they’re not ready to pop yet and you exert too much effort in squeezing them, they can get infected so pressing hard is not supposed to be your preferred method on how to get rid of whiteheads.
- Avoid attempting to treat whiteheads if there are already too many of them on your face as you might just worsen the problem instead of making it better.
How Often Should Whiteheads Be Treated
Now that you already have an idea on how to get rid of whiteheads effectively, bear in mind that removing them should be done on a regular basis in order to maintain your skin. If you want to avoid whiteheads, drink plenty of water, eat lots of fruits and vegetables and see to it that you’re getting enough sleep every day. Hope the techniques mentioned here will help you get back the lost radiance of your skin!