Well, it’s either you’ve had them for quite some time already or you only found out that you have them just recently and now you’re looking for ways on how to get rid of white stretch marks. The sad truth about these marks, regardless of their color, is that they cannot be totally removed but treatments are available to at least minimize their appearance so that come the summer months, you’re ready to go to the beach without worrying about stretch marks. This article will guide you to treating this unsightly problem so keep reading.
Simple Solutions to Get Rid of White Stretch Marks
Regardless of the cause of white stretch marks, pregnancy, obesity, puberty, bodybuilding or weight gain and loss, the treatments for them are more or less the same. It’s very common for some people to opt for laser surgery which is peformed by a doctor to lighten the appearance of stretch marks but since it’s quite expensive, not a lot are able to afford the procedure. If you’re looking for inexpensive methods of how to get rid of white stretch marks, here are the simplest solutions:
- Egg Whites. There are people who find egg whites smelly and icky but inspite of this, they actually work wonders because they are rich in proteins that help rejuvenate the skin. When we say rejuventate, this means that the skin is rebuilt to make it looking fresh and new like never before. Apply egg whites to the white stretch marks three times every day then watch how this method of how to get rid of white stretch marks Within just a few weeks or months, you would see those unsightly marks fading away.
- Castor oil. Not only does this product help cure stretch marks but other skin problems as well like pimples, fine lines, moles, dark spots, age spots and wrinkles. All you need to do in using this method is apply castor oil directly on the skin then gently massage the area for around 15 minutes. After massaging it, cover your skin with a clean cloth then apply a little amount of heat on it. You can put a hot water bottle on the skin and leave it there for 30 minutes. You would notice an amazing change in the affected skin area within 4 weeks only if you practice this procedure every day.
- Sugar. Considered as one of the most effective answers on how to get rid of white stretch marks, sugar can exfoliate the skin to make it look like there was never a mark on it before. Mix sugar, almond oil and lemon juice then apply this on the skin. You can also have this mixture applied in other parts of the body with skin problems rubbing this gently over the affected areas for ten minutes or more every day. For your convenience, do this before taking a bath so you won’t have to wash your body way too often.
- Aloe vera. You should have heard about this answer on how to get rid of white stretch marks because aloe vera has long been used by many people in curing different skin problems. The nutrients found in this home remedy are effective treatments for eczema, acne and burns because of their soothing properties that increase the growth of new skin cells reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Cut fresh leaves of the aloe vera plant then apply their juice on the area covered with stretch marks. Leave them to dry first before washing the skin with water. For best results, apply this with lemon juice.
How to Make White Stretch Marks Removal Faster
For the home remedies on how to get rid of white stretch marks to yield faster results, there are also other steps you need to take. All of them do not require you to spend a lot of money so make sure that you also include the following in your daily routine:
- Maintain a healthy eating plan. If you start leading a healthier way of life, it would not take long before you can see the results of your efforts. It has been confirmed already that eating healthy leads to the fast removal of white stretch marks.
- Avoid too much exposure to sunlight. It is also important that you limit your sun visiblity and apply sunblock for your efforts on how to get rid of white stretch marks to show faster results. If you can’t help but go outdoors to run an errand, wear protective clothing to not expose your skin to the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Moisturize your skin. One of the best things you can do to realize faster results is keep the affected area moisturized. Choose a quality brand and apply it on the skin every day for weeks until you see the results.
Warning for Pregnant Women
It can be tempting to just use over-the-counter treatments that are available to cure and prevent the appearance of white stretch marks but before you do, you may want to visit your health care professional to find the best way out. The doctor may recommend the right medicines which can help prevent the occurence of stretch marks. Well, if you use the home remedies on how to get rid of white stretch marks like the ones listed above, you’ll never go wrong because all of them do not have side effects to worry about.
Important Points to Remember
The easiest way of combating stretch marks is through prevention because just like all other skin conditions, prevention is always better than cure. Those who are looking for ways on how to get rid of white stretch marks should keep in mind that it can take some time before they would realize the results of their efforts.
In case the ways on how to get rid of white stretch marks that you tried don’t work, avoid exposing yourself to harsh and extreme methods because it increases your risk of suffering from other ailments and infections. If you can’t eradicate them completely, you can try and live with stretch marks instead because quite frankly, the effect that they have are amost always psychological. Never resort to extreme measures regardless of how tempting they are.