There are tons of remedies out there claiming that they are the best solutions to unsightly marks on the skin but you may be wondering if there are ways on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally instead. There are soothing, chemical-free items that are common in your kitchen which you can use to effectively treat old and new marks caused by weight gain, weight loss or pregnancy.
What to Apply Topically to Stretch Marks
Whatever method of how to fade stretch marks away that you choose, keep in mind that you need to be consistent with your efforts. It can take weeks or months before you would start noticing a remakable difference on your skin and you might even want to take photos of your skin before and after attempting to treat it to track its progress. Among those that you can topically apply on the affected skin area are as follows:
- Lemon Juice. You might have tried using lemon juice to lighten your hair in the sun when you were younger or you’ve used it to fade freckles away. This is a natural skin brightener and whitener which work effectively in fading stretch marks too. How to get rid of stretch marks naturally with this home remedy? Just take a few slices of lemon, rub the juice on and leave it on the affected skin area for around 10-15 minutes before rinsing it with clean water. Afterwards, apply moisturizer on the stretch marks then you’re all set. Repeat this procedure everyday for best results.
- Potato Juice. Just like lemon, this is also a natural brightener and lightener for the skin which helps in treating stretch marks. There’s no need to worry about smelling funny with this option on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally because you don’t leave potato juice on the entire day. Slice a fresh potato, rub its pieces over the affected skin area then wait for the juice to dry before washing it off with warm water. Apply moisturizer on skin afterwards. You can repeat this procedure several times a day if you’re not too busy.
- Tea Tree Oil. This is one of the best options on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally especially for those people with sensitive skin. For best results, mix this with jojoba, olive, coconut or sweet almond oil. Just apply this oil directly on skin after exfoliating in the shower. Repeat the application of tea tree oil on the affected part of your skin several times a day to see quicker results.
- Aloe Vera. Another effective method of how to get rid of stretch marks naturally, aloe vera gel can be rubbed on the affected skin area directly and allowed to penetrate for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. If preferred, you can also mix this with a Vitamin E capsule, rub this mixture into the stretch marks until it’s fully absorbed in the skin. Repeat this process every day until you notice that your stretch marks start to fade away.
- White Sugar. Do you know that natural white sugar is also very effective in treating unsightly stretch marks? How to get rid of stretch marks naturally with this common ingredient? It’s actually pretty simple. Mix one tbsp. of sugar, a few drops of lemon juice and almond oil then apply it on the areas that are filled with marks. Gently rub the skin then leave the mixture to settle on the skin for 15 minutes. Do this every day for a month and you will find that your stretch marks would become less visible.
- Egg Whites. If you knew that an egg white contains around 40 different proteins, you won’t be wondering why this is included in this list of options on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally. Take out a few egg whites then beat them with a fork until you form a thick paste. Apply this on the marks and leave on the skin for 15 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water. After patting the skin to dry, apply some moisturizer. Repeat this everyday for quicker results.
Tips to Make Stretch Marks Fade Faster
Since the appearance of stretch marks is an indication that there is a damage on the skin, your best bet to dealing with them is minimizing their appearance. For your chosen method of how to get rid of stretch marks naturally to work faster, you’ll have to heed to the following tips:
- Address your diet. Proper nutrition has been proven to help in achieving a person’s goal of getting rid of stretch marks in such a way that it prevents rapid weight gain or loss. Also, maintaining a healthy habit makes the skin soft and supple which then reduces the visibility of stretch marks so start eating food with plenty of antioxidants and nutrients like fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Apply lotion on the marks. Immediately after taking a bath, vigorously rub your stretch marks with a quality brand of lotion to help increase circulation and improve the surface skin cells. There are a lot of lotions that you can find in the market that are specially designed for treatment of unsightly marks on the skin.
- Drink lots of water. You might get tired of hearing this same advice over and over again but drinking plenty of water is still one of the best things that you can do for your efforts on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally to work faster. Medical professionals recommend that a person drinks at least 8 glasses of water every day for optimum hydration.
Importance of Being Patient
When you’re getting ideas on how to get rid of stretch marks naturally, you’ll find it easy to imagine that major transformation on your skin can happen overnight and you could be one of the few lucky people who may enjoy rapid results. In most cases though, it takes time for stretch marks to fade away that is why it’s highly recommended that you stay consistent with your efforts and be extra patient in waiting for the results to show. If you give up too easily, chances are you won’t see any positive result and you’ll end up wasting your time and effort.