All women want to have clear and beautiful facial skin but unfortunately, dark spots can develop and ruin a flawless appearance so if you have them, you might want to know how to get rid of spots overnight. While it is almost impossible to totally get rid of them, there are a few beauty tricks that can help quickly improve the appearance of your skin which you will learn more about in this article. Keep reading for helpful dark spots removal ideas.
Natural Methods of Removing Dark Spots
The first thing that you need to know on how to get rid of spots overnight is to properly wash them. Before applying any natural mask or paste over the affected skin areas, you need to clean your face first with mild soap or a natural cleanser then proceed with any of the following ideas:
- Lemon Juice. The bleaching propertices of lemon helps a lot in getting rid of dark spots and make the skin softer, clearer and smoother. Just directly apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area and leave it for half an hour prior to rinsing the face with cold water. This remedy should be repeated twice every day for 8 weeks for you to start noticing positive results.
- Buttermilk. Are you wondering how to get rid of dark spots with this home remedy? Buttermilk has lactic acid content which is known to exfoliate the skin to wash out blemishes without causing dryness. Dip a cotton ball on buttermilk then dab it in the dark spots. Leave it on the skin for a few minutes prior to washing it off with water. Repeat this remedy two times a day to get satisfactory results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix this ingredient with the same amount of water and apply the solution on the dark spots. Just like the first few natural remedies, leave the solution on the skin for a few minutes then wash it off with clean water. This can be done once a day and can be continued for the next several days or weeks until you see positive results. If you want, you can actually use pure apply cider vinegar but it might not be a good idea especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Aloe Vera. Skin burns, stings, pimples, acne and dark spots can be healed by aloe vera gel so if you’re looking for ways on how to get rid of spots overnight, you should try this remedy. Rub fresh aloe vera gel on the affected area and leave it to settle on the skin for 45 minutes before washing it off using cold water. This procedure should be repeated twice a day for 4 weeks for the impressive results to show.
- Using yogurt as a method on how to get rid of spots overnight has been proven effective by many people already with the ingredient helping lighten the spots naturally. You can apply yogurt on the skin directly or add oatmeal and lemon juice on it to come up with a face pack to apply on the affected skin area. If it’s plain yogurt that you use, you can leave it on your skin overnight but if it’s a face pack, you have to rinse it off after 30 minutes. Repeat this process regularly for a few weeks or months and you’ll see the amazing results of your efforts.
- Papaya. You can also use papaya as your way of how to get rid of spots overnight so that you can have a cleaner and brighter facial skin. Simply, cut a papaya in half then remove the seeds and the pulp. You can eat the pulp if you want to because you’ll only need the peel anyway. Rub the inside of the peel of a papaya on the surface of the affected part of your face then leave it to dry for a few minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water afterwards.
Medical Procedures to Get Rid of Spots
If the home remedies above don’t work, do not give up just yet because there are also medical procedures that can answer your search for methods on how to get rid of spots overnight. Among those that you can discuss with your dermatologist are laser therapy, chemical peel and microdermabrasion. Keep reading and learn more about these options.
- Laser Therapy. This method on how to get rid of spots overnight is one of the fastest ways to finally say goodbye to ugly spots on the face. The dermatologist uses the light from a laser to destroy the dead skin cells to make the skin smoother, clearer and more beautiful.
- Chemical Peel. Another method to get rid of spots is chemical peel which involves the use of acid to destroy the damaged topmost layer of the skin. Once the chemical is applied to the damaged area, the skin peels off leaving the skin healthy, soft and smooth.
- Microdermabrasion. In this method of how to get rid of spots overnight, what’s involved is pressure and some microscopic abrasive crystals. The crystals are massaged in the skin to even out pigmentations and remove ugly spots that soften the skin.
Considerations in Choosing Invasive Treatments
If spots on the face are severe and are already difficult to get rid of, you might be leaning towards the medical procedures right now. While they are proven effective and fast ways on how to get rid of spots overnight, there are also downsides that you need to take into consideration. For one, these treatments are very expensive so if you want to take this route, be prepared to pay a lot of money for it. Also, some of them leave scars on the face in place of the dark spots which can be unsightly as well. You should only consider the medical procedures if there is no natural method that proves effective. In other words, make them your last resort if all else fails.
Can You Totally Get Rid of Dark Spots?
Unlike other skin problems like acne scars, cellulite and pimple marks, what’s great about dark spots is that they can be removed totally. You only have to be patient and not give up on your efforts on how to get rid of spots overnight and you will soon see a lighter skin that you would hardly seem like dark spots used to exist unless you look at your face closely.