How many days, weeks or months have you been trying to find ideas on how to get rid of scorpions? You probably understand already that the job of removing scorpions from your house is far from being easy that’s why you’re looking for help. There is no reason for you to despair because this article will provide you with the most effective solutions to the problem. Keep reading here to find helpful tips and suggestions on eliminating small and big infestations.
Basic Things to Do to Eliminate Scorpions
Once scorpions have invaded your home, prepare for a pretty tough task but when exerting efforts on how to get rid of scorpions, it’s important that you don’t panic. Most of these menacing pests are no more dangerous compared to a wasp unless their victim is a kid, an elderly or someone who is allergic to their poison. To manage the problem, you’ll need to deprive them of their basic necessities like water, food and shelter. Here are some tips:
- Clean your surroundings. Scorpions are potentially dangerous when they are able to make way into home and take residence in crevices. They can be unpleasant surprise when you go looking for someting in the wrong place. Your first task on how to get rid of scorpions is clean up the surroundings. Remove rocks, debris, piles of wood, leaves and trash and put them in a proper disposal. Whatever it is that the pests will likely use as a shelter, remove them. Clean the basement and the attic as well as the cabinets and closets in the house.
- Seal possible entry points. Thoroughly examine your house for any cracks in the windows, doors and screans and seal them. Whatever outlets that you think the scorpions can use as entry points, fill them.
- Keep your house clean. Practicing good hygiene in the house is a simple and effective method of how to get rid of scorpions. Do this and the cockroaches will be kept at bay and not be able to take up residence in the different parts of the house. Also, this will eliminate food for scorpions and not give them any reason to attack the house.
- Get a cat. A pet cat might not keep all the scorpions away but it can alet you whenever it sees pests. Most of the time, a cat notices the critters that the humans seem to often overlook. With a cat, you’ll also be able to get help in finding the entry points that the scoprtions are taking advantage of.
- Deprive them of what they need. If scorpions are not able to access their basic necessities in your house, they will likely decide to transfer to a different place to take on as their residence. Cut off water supply as you try to fix leaky faucets and water pipes where cockroaches are, the favorite meal of scorpions. Also, leave no place in the house where the pests can hide like dirty laundry, piles of magazines as well as papers.
Natural Solutions to Irritating Scorpions
Before giving up and calling professional exterminators for help, try the natural solutions on how to get rid of scorpions first. In most cases, they prove very effective and what’s more to like about the natural treatments is that they are 100% safe for people and animals. What are the highly recommended solutions?
- Burlap bags. These attract scorpions from where they’re hiding in so dampen some bags and put them near the areas that you suspect are infested by the critters. How to get rid of scorpions with this solution is very simple. Just leave the bags on the surfaces with infestation before going to bed and squish them in the morning.
- Glue boards. Place these boards around the house to capture the critters without killing them. You see, this method of exterminating scorpions is very simple yet impactful. When walking, the scorpions follow the walls so what you can do is place glue traps there and in the closets too so you’ll get to trap a lot of scorpions. That’s for sure.
- Boric acid. How to get rid of scorpions? Acting as a powerful natural insecticide, the powder form of boric acid works perfectly when dusting cracks and cleaning hard-to-reach areas. Just spread this natural solution in the infested areas and you’ll see how the scorpions would react to it. They don’t like the smell of boric acid by the way so it might prove perfect for forcing the pests to evacuate somewhere else.
- Cedar essential oil. In your search for ways of how to get rid of scorpions, you’ll likely come across a suggestion that you should give cedar essential oil a try. How to use this repellent? In a container, mix water and cedar essential oil for a few minutes then transfer the solution in a spray bottle. Spray this mixture in the doors, window holes and cracks to prevent the scorpions from getting inside the house.
- Diatomaceous earth. Other people use this powder to get rid of scorpions too. This is a powerder form from fossilized aquatic moths with sharp spines. When pests start to create havoc in the house, let diatomaceous earth do its job and you’ll surely be impressed.
Act on Scorpion Infestation Now
Now that you already know of the most effective methods of how to get rid of scorpions, this hard task should still be fulfilled if you have the right solutions to use. Clean the surroundings and the entire house, deprive the critters of what they need and start with the elimination process right away. If you would waste time, it might be enough for the scorptions to come up a full blown infestation that you have to cope with.
Calling an Exterminator for Help
It’s awefully unpleasant to see scorpions around the house and it becomes more frustrating when they begin hurting you. If you cannot resolve the problem on your own, call a professional company that has its own special devices to use on how to get rid of scorpions. Professional services might be expensive though but they are your last option on getting rid of the annoying bugs around the house.