Do you want some ideas on how to get rid of scars on legs so that you won’t need to wear long pants during the hot days anymore? If you’re dealing with embarassing scars on the legs, you are definitely not alone as millions of women around the world have the same problem. While it is true that they are difficult to fade away or totally get rid of, it’s far from impossible anyway. There are a lot of home remedies, natural treatments and advancements in the field of dermatology that should help you break out the shorts in no time at all
Medical Procedures that Make Scars Fade Away
Scars can appear in the different parts of the body resulting from trauma to the skin. Any injury or wound in the leg area can leave scar tissue that look unpleasant and what’s frustrating is that there are scars in the legs that 5seem to have become permanent, not fading away even after years of nursing them. A prominent scar in the leg can make you self-conscious and not want to wear short dresses or skirts anymore. Thanks to the advancements in the field of dermatology because there are now many different methods of how to get rid of scars on legs that you can choose from.
- In this type of therapy, the doctor gets rid of the layers of the scarred skin area in the leg with the use of a rotating wire brush. When the newer layers grow, the skin will look smoother and clearer with less visible scarring. The term dermabrasion might be alarming for you because it kind of sounding painful but only a slight burning sensation is what you’ll feel with this method of how to get rid of scars on legs. This is because only a few skin layers are removed that’s why no bleeding or intense pain is involved in the procedure.
- Collagen Injections. Scars on the leg that are caused by deeper cuts may leave an impression on the skin which would force you to hide it under the pants even during the hottest of days. When it comes to indented scars, dermabrasion might not be the right treatment to use but collagen injections that smoothen out the skin to make your legs look healthy again. The result of this procedure on how to get rid of scars on legs is immediate and there’s no pain involved but the downside is that this only serves as a band aid solution. The injected collagen usually breaks down after a few months so you might need to get new injections every now and then.
- Chemical Peel. In this procedure on how to get rid of scars on legs, glycolic acid is applied to the scars and allowed to settle on the skin for a few minutes before it is neutralized and rinsed. Pretty much the same with dermabrasion, the topmost layer of the scarred skin is removed in a chemical peel but this one produces an intense burning sensation. Right after getting neutralized and washed off, the pain subsides immediately anyway so those with lower pain tolerance should not be scared to go through this procedure.
Non-Invasive Ways to Get Rid of Scars
There are several natural methods that are proven safe and effective to use on how to get rid of scars on legs. Most alternative healers and some dermatologists advice their patients try to reduce or eliminate leg scars with them and only consider the medical procedures if nothing makes the scars fade away. The effective non-invasive that are worth trying are listed below.
- Apply cocoa butter on the scarred area. Repairing damaged skin is what this home remedy does best and not only that, cocoa butter also helps in the formation of newer, softer and smoother skin. When it comes to scars on legs, trust that pure cocooa butter can help but if you don’t have one at home, an over-the-counter cream with this as one of the ingredients should still offer amazing results. Continue using this how to get rid of scars on legs daily until the scars become less noticeable.
- Massage cucumber paste on the scars. If you have fresh cucumbers in the kitchen then there’s no need to drop by the local drugstore to buy a cream or lotion. Blend cucumber paste with lime juice to come up with a thick paste and massage it on the scarred area. Leave the paste on the affected area of the skin overnight then wash it off the following day. The cucumber removes the scars while the lime juice lightens the skin. Repeat this procedure of how to get rid of scars on legs regularly until you no longer see them.
- Directly rub lemon juice on the scarred area. Aside from cocoa butter and cucumber, this common ingredient can be used on how to get rid of scars on legs. This bleaching agent exfoliates the topmost layer of the skin to reduce the visibility of discolored or darkened parts of the legs. Dip a cotton ball in a glass with fresh lemon juice when rub it on the leg scars two times a day.
- Apply Vitamin E oil on the scars. While there are no scientific studies to support the claim that applying creams or lotions with Vitamin E is effective, many of those who’ve tried them have attested that their scars on the legs became less noticeable indeed. Look for a cream or lotion with the highest amount of Vitamin E and apply it on the legs two times a day to see the results within just a few weeks or months.
Choosing the Best Method of Removing Scars on Legs
The options mentioned above on how to get rid of scars on legs are just a few of the many that you can try. Take advantage of the inexpensive natural methods first and see how they work on your scarred legs. If all else fails then visit your doctor and talk about the different medical procedures that are available. Worse come to worse and your scars prove to be permanent that no treatment make them fade away, just learn to live with them and don’t be afraid to take risks. Decide to break out the shorts and say goodbye to baggy pants with out without leg scars.