Learning how to get rid of scars on face can great help you say goodbye to ugly marks forever. What are your options? There are many different home remedies, over-the-counter creams and medical treatments that you can adopt so if scars are ruining your self-esteem to the lowest level, read this article and finally get some help.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Scars on Face
Your face is the first thing that other people see but since the skin is very delicate, you may have injuries, burns and skin conditions like acne on this part of the body which cause scarring. While scarring is a normal part of the healing process, it’s a bit scary as it is permanent. However, there are a number of treatments available, some of them are natural ones that do not involve spending a lot of money or going through invasive procedures. Among your options on how to get rid of scars on face the natural way are the following:
- Fresh lemon juice. This method of how to get rid of scars on face has been used by many people already. Lemon juice has natural bleaching properties that when applied directly on the scarred area, can bleach the skin and make the scars less visible. Mix equal amounts of water and lemon juice then directly apply onto the scars leaving it for around 15-20 minutes. Wash it off afterwards with warm water. This same procedure by the way, has to be carried out on a regular basis for maximum results.
- Baking soda paste. How to get rid of scars on face with this natural ingredient? An alternate famous home remedy to getting rid of scars, baking soda has exfoliating effects on the skin minimizing the visibility of facial marks. Mix two teaspoons of water and one teaspoon of baking soda. Apply the paste on the affected parts of the face. Massage face in gentle, circular motions from 2-3 minutes then wash the skin off with warm water. Also, you can use the baking soda as a spot treatment to apply on the scars allowing it to set for around 10-15 minutes before washing the face.
- This natural solution of how to get rid of scars on face is proven effective in clearing up pimples and other skin conditions. Honey contains antibacterial properties that help smoothen the skin, reduce inflammation and lessen the visibility of acne scars. Just apply it on the scarred area and leave it overnight to settle on the skin. Wash your face off with normal water first thing in the morning.
- Aloe Vera. Considered as a miracle herb with so many health benefits, Aloe Vera also helps in removing scars on the face by recoverig damaged tissues and speeding up the healing process. How to get rid of scars on face with aloe vera? Take a leaf then peel its outer green cover so that you’ll see a gel-like substance undearth the surface. Extract this gel and apply this on the scar-affected areas then leave for 1 hour before washing your face. Repeat this process two times a day for a few days and you’ll see amazing results.
- Olive oil. The strong anti-inflammatory properties of this home remedy make it effective in removing acne scars. Before going to bed, take a little olive oil and massage it gently on the scar-afflicted areas for two minutes or until such time that you feel like your skin has already absorbed the oil. Get a clean cloth and wrap it into warm water and put it on the face so your skin will get the steam. Wash the face afterwards with normal water.
Over-the-Counter Creams to Get Rid of Scars on Face
As with the options on how to get rid of scars on face, there are also many creams available for the same purpose. Two of those that are worth trying are the following:
- Cortisone Cream. A lot of peple buy this over-the-counter product to reduce skin inflammation and healing from different conditions like acne and pimples. Simply apply this to the scarred areas of the face and make sure to strictly follow the instructions indicated in the product’s label.
- Skin Lightening Cream. How to use this is the same thing that you would with other creams for the skin. All you need to keep in mind is that if you have sensitive skin which you want to protect as much as possible, consult your doctor first before trying this out as many skin-lighthening creams have been reported to have aggrevated the skin of many people.
How to Get Rid of Scars on Face Medical Treatments
In case you still battle with the same scars after many months of following the suggested methods of how to get rid of scars on face, you may have to consider the medical treatments available.
- Chemical Peel. This procedure involves connecting concentrated acidic arrangement that will expand and lessen the visibility of scars.
- The top layers of the skin are targeted by this procredure to exfoliate the skin with the use of a turning wire brush. This should make way for the development of new, healthy skin.
- This is one of the best options for scars removal on face that don’t fade no matter how much you try to get rid of with natural remedies and over-the-counter creams. A laser is used to vaporize the scar or animate the generation of collagen for new skin to form in place of the damaged one.
When Can You Expect the Results?
The natural methods of how to get rid of scars on face that are mentioned above can take more time to work compared to the other options. You have to apply the natural ingredients on the scarred area at least twice every day for best results. The over-the-counter creams might work faster that after a few days or weeks only, you’ll already notice a significant change on your skin. Lastly, the medical treatments may work right away after the dermatologist gets the job done but the recovery time might take longer like a couple of weeks or more.
Finding the Right Treatment for Scars on Face
With so many options on how to get rid of scars on face, it’s unlikely that you’ll have to deal with them forever. Some solutions may work better for the skin of other people than yours as every single person is unique in his or her own way. Just keep trying different safe remedies and find one that suits you best.