The best technique of how to get rid of redness on face greatly depends on its main cause which you have to figure out first before trying any treatment. Normally, red skin can be cured with natural remedies, cleansers and cosmetics but if it’s brought about by underlying conditions that made it irritated, additional treatment may be needed. Keep reading here to learn more about the best remedies available today.
Getting Rid of Redness the Natural Way
Our face can turn red for many different reasons including temperature changes, embarrassment, shyness, exercise, sunburn, allergies, irritation and other possibly serious medical conditions. If you’ve been trying to find a way on how to get rid of redness on face but haven’t stumbled upon a very effective solution yet, you may find the natural remedies very helpful. Here are some of them that you can try:
- Aloe Vera Gel. This natural remedy has skin calming properties that help in treating conditions like dry skin, sunburn and rosacea. To use this, just apply the aloe very gel to the face and let it sit in the skin for 20 minutes then rinse with normal water. Do this daily for a few days and you’ll notice that your skin is no longer too red.
- Those who look for solutions on how to get rid of redness on face usually turn to cucumbers. This remedy is full with moisture offering a cooling effect when applied on the skin. Simply cut thick round pieces of cucumber and leave it on the face for around 20 minutes. The lightening properties of this natural treatment can greatly reduce the inflammation and redness of your face and make it glow instead.
- Chamomile Tea. With properties that also reduce skin redness, this tea makes the facial skin very beautiful. How to get rid of redness on face with this tea? This effective natural remedy for acne and rosacea can just be added in boiling water. Allow the water to cool first before getting a cotton ball. Dip it into the solution and gently apply to your red face. Of course, just like other remedies, this procedure should be carried out regularly.
- If the redness is brought about by too much exposure to the sunlight, vinegar will make a great addition to the ways you know of how to get rid of redness on face. Come up with a vinegar solution by adding enough amount of water on it. Dip a cotton ball into the solution and apply it to the face. Let it settle on the skin for around 10 minutes. Since vinegar offers a cooling sensation, you should get relief from inflammed facial skin quickly.
- Baking Soda. How to get rid of redness on face with this natural ingredient? You can apply this directly on the face or add a bit of water to it to come up with a paste. Either way, baking soda should help naturally get rid of facial redness. If you want to use a paste, apply it on your face and leave it to settle for around 15 mintues before washing it off with normal water.
Preventing Facial Redness
Once you’ve treated your face with the ideas on how to get rid of redness on face that are listed above, make sure that you prevent it from coming back. How can you do this? Here are some tips:
- Avoid laying your face open during the cold weathers. The veins tighten when the face is exposed to cool temperature thus turning the skin to white. When you get inside the house where it’s warm, more blood would flush to your face making it appear very red. To avoid redness, consider wearing a scarf when going outdoors to keep the face warm. Also, apply petroleum jelly on the face to avoid the tightening of the blood vessels.
- Treat skin conditions. Now that you already know how to get rid of redness on skin, you also have to be knowledgeable on treating skin conditions like pimples, acne and rosacea. Knowing that these contribute to the redness of the skin, stay away from them as much as possible so that you’d get to keep a beautiful and glowing face.
- Use sunscreen daily. You might already be aware that both the hot and weathers can lead to facial redness so it’s important to take precautions. If you have to go outdoors on a sunny, avoid the hot rays by covering up with creams that have sun protector factors to avoid damaging the skin.
- Wash your face regularly. Facial redness is at times caused by skin conditions like pimples and acne so you should avoid them from occuring too. Wash your face two times a day with mild soap or facial cleanser to get rid of dirt that are stuck in the pores.
- Eat healthy food. How to get rid of redness on face is what you’ll continously find answers too if you don’t start eating healthy and nourishing food. Eat more of fresh fruits and fibrus vegetables to keep the skin moisturized.
Considerations When Treating Facial Redness
The best technique to use on how to get rid of redness on the face primarily depends on what is causing it. Having a red face doesn’t always mean that a person is embarasssed or anxious. Do not discount that the condition is harmless because sometimes, a serious medical problem can cause the redness of a person’s face like high blood pressure for instance. Well, you won’t go wrong with maintaining a healthy diet, exercising regularly and applying the natural methods on how to get rid of redness on face but make sure to talk to your doctor still. This way, you’ll be able to rule out serious causes.
Scheduling an Appointment With a Specialist
After trying all the techniques on how to get rid of redness on face and the condition is still the same or have even gotten worse, it is important to visit a dermatologist for expert advice. You might undergo tests to find out what is really causing the redness and be provided with a good dose of medication that will help treat your problem quickly.