Those who are looking for tips on how to get rid of migraine are often advised to take medications and they do so without knowing that there are natural ways of saying goodbye to the excruciating headaches. The relentless throbbing pain in the head can be disabling since the symptoms can be severe that others even have a warning sign that is referred to as aura. This aura can be tingling or weakening in the legs and arms or sudden flashes of light which can lead to vomiting and nausea.
A person with migraine may feel pain in one side of the head or sometimes both and he or she may be sensitive to smells, sounds, or light. If you’re suffering from migraine right now and you’re looking for quick relief from the pain, hopefully these tips here will help you treat it the natural way.
What You Should Do Right Away
Do not take painkillers in order to get instant relief from pain because taking them on a regular basis can have major side effects. For natural methods on how to get rid of migraine, follow the tips below.
- Suspend the activity that you’re engaged in. When you have a migraine, you won’t feel like doing anything so just stop whatever it is that you’re doing and get enough rest. Relax yourself. Lie down for at least 30 minutes or until you feel better.
- Get inside a quite room and turn off the lights. As soon as you feel like you’ll have a migraine, go somewhere quite, turn off the light as well as the TV or the radio because noice can increase the pain in your head to a point when it can be unbearable already. Relax and lie down in a dark room. This tip on how to get rid of migraine should work if you’re able to get some sleep.
- Put ice pack on your scalp. Wrap an ice pack in a clean towel and slowly move it over the painful spots on your head and also around the neck for at least 10 minutes. While you do this, soak your feet in warm water too in order to promote blood circulation in your whole body and gradually lessen the pain in your head.
- Massage your temple. Another way to get rid of migraine is by gently massaging or rubbing your fingers on your temper and the artery that is found close to the ears. Put a gentle pressure in massaging and include your neck and shoulders too. This will help improve the blood flow in your body and ease muscle tension.
- Drink caffeine. According to many people, this is one of the best things you should do if you want a tip on how to get rid of migraine that works almost immediatly. Drink small amounts to help in constricting dilated blood vessels that may occur because of your migraine. You can either have caffeinated soda, tea or coffee to seek help in easing your symptoms.
When All Else Fails
If you’re getting frequent headaches for several days even if you followed most of the instructions on how to get rid of migraine, you should already set an appointment with your doctor so that you’ll be given prescription for pain relief. For unbearable pain, a medical professional might prescribe opiates for a short term use to reduce the instances of having migraine attacks.