Learning of ways on how to get rid of dust will save you and your family’s health and well-being. It is an important aspect of general hygiene and health because dust carries around tons of pollen, dirt, dead skin, pet dander, plant fiber and dust mites, especially harmful to family members suffering from respiratory disease, such as asthma. Even if a feather duster may seem to do the trick, it does not address or tackle the main issue but only move the particles around.
How To Get Rid Of Dust
For the ceiling fans, you can put a newspaper in removing the dust under the ceiling fan, but turn off the power source first. Then, make use of slightly dampen paper towels in wiping any greasy dust you can find in the casing while using a soft-bristle brush with mild cleanser in removing the dust on the blades. Rinse them with damp paper towel.
On the ceiling or appliance vents, you can get rid of dust using a vacuum with soft-brush attachment or using an electrostatic mop. After, you can dampen a microfiber cloth for wiping their surfaces. You should rinse all the washable air conditioning filters using soapy water, but make sure to dry them up before reinstallation.
DVD players, TVs and other electronic items are known dust collectors, so you may want to check and clean these items frequently to prevent dust accumulation. You should unplug the devices before cleaning them using a microfiber cloth that can do the job. On the other hand, you may want to make use of a long-handled brush to collect dust from spaces. For the vents and cords, you may want to use vacuum so that you can also collect pet hair that may be clogging the outlet and machines.
Refrigerator and Stove
For refrigerators and stoves, a known solution on how to get rid of dust is to use a long-handled mop with on its end. As you know, grease, crumbs and debris that become food for insects and pests accumulate on these appliances. Wipe and clean them off to lift the dust from them. After, you can wipe the walls and floor using soap water.
For curio cabinets, you may want to make use of natural-bristle brush on cleaning the tiny nooks. After, you can wipe them using microfiber cloth. For soft toys, such as fabric dolls and teddy bears, you can put them inside a big plastic bag before pouring over baking soda. Close its top before shaking it to draw out soil from the toys with the static and baking soda. When done, take them out one at a time and shake each of them to remove the baking soda before vacuuming them with a brush attachment.
Additional Tips On How To Get Rid Of Dust
- You should vacuum your home often with a vacuum fitted with a high efficiency particulate air filter because it works more efficiently in trapping even the small contaminants, particles and allergens in your home than an ordinary vacuum.
- For uncarpeted floors, one of the best ways on how to get rid of dust is to mop them frequently to help you prevent the dust from collecting on them.
- When buying furniture, make sure to choose only those filled with wool, cotton and polyester because they are less likely to have fire retardant chemicals. In addition, you should wipe your furniture using only microfiber cloth because they can collect even the small fibers that cling or attach to particles. Alternatively, you can make use of cotton cloth if you don’t have the microfiber type because it can also help you in collecting the dust better than dry cloth. Avoid any synthetic wipes or sprays when dusting because they only add chemicals indoors.
- You should also make sure that the crevices and cracks at home are sealed off to prevent the dust from collecting in these hard to reach spots.
- Remember to equip your heating and cooling system with only high quality filters as well as to change them often so that they can remain functional and that you can avoid spending on expensive maintenance or repair.
- Keep your electronics working well by freeing them from dust through dusting them frequently, one of the best ways on how to get rid of dust to remember.
- Another thing to remember is to ensure that the places where your kids play and crawl are always dusted to keep them from suffering from disease due to inhaling contaminants, pet dander and dust mite, among other particles found in the air dust. Remember to ask someone to dust for you if you were sensitive to inhaling dust.
- One of the major sources of dust is carpeting because it collect much of it. It does not only accumulate dust, but it can also spread it around especially in the air endangering your family’s health further.
- As much as possible, consider removing heavy drapes but make use of lighter blinds that do not accumulate as much as the dust that the prior collect. Aside from that, it is also easier to clean because it will be easier for you to detect if it is the time to clean them up than thick curtains and drapes.
- If possible, consider replacing upholstered seats with leather, vinyl or wood because these materials do not collect as much dust as the former.
Definitely, you should be able to learn of ways on how to get rid of dust. Dust carries and spreads around even toxic materials from the inside and outside of your home. There are many home products shedding dust, and some of them include shoes, electronics and fabrics. In addition, you bring in outdoor pollutants into your home through clothing, skin and shoes, among others as well as toxic dust can get in through cracked doors and windows. By getting rid of dust, you will be able to eliminate the contaminants and particles, both from outdoors and indoors, that may cause your family respiratory diseases.
Finally, you should consider regular cleaning to avoid the accumulation of dust in your home through the mentioned methods on how to get rid of dust above.