Do you want a step-by-step guide on how to get rid of dandruff fast? White flakes in the scalp are embarrassing but there’s no need to keep hiding it and playing safe by wearing light-colored shirts. It may not be curable but there’s a way for you to manage it so don’t worry. There are many different products available in the market and there are also home remedies that you can try today to see a huge difference in your embarrassing dandruff problem.
Steps to Get Rid of Dandruff
If you’re able to detect dandruff at the right time and choose the best home remedy to get rid of the flaking and persistent itch, you should notice a a major difference in your scalp. Here we go with the instructions on how to get rid of dandruff fast so be ready with your notepad.
- Moisturize your scalp. Use oil or skin moisturizer and massage your scalp for 30 minutes before taking a bath. This method on how to get rid of dandruff fast should be followed up with a moisturizing conditioner and must be done on a regular basis.
- Switch to a different shampoo. If you have noticed, the shampoos available in the market today are formulated for specific purposes like for frizzy hair, hair fall and dandruff control. Change to a shampoo that is specially formulated for oil hair and don’t use warm but cold water to close pores and lessen the problem with flaky scalp.
- Cut down on sugar and take vitamins. Since high sugar intake is one of the major culprits for having dandruff, make sure to cut down your consumption of sugary food. Also, take B-complex vitamin supplements to get faster relief from dandruff.
- Get enough rest. As much as possible, get at least 8 hours of sleep everyday because lack of sleep is known as one of the reasons why there’s dandruff. How to get rid of dandruff fast? Just sit back, relax and think of positive thoughts to not trigger the white flakes.
- Avoid blow-drying your hair. If you can’t help but use it, keep the blow dryer around 10 inches farther from your head because if it’s too close, it might dry out the scalp and lead to dandruff.
Reasons Why You Have Dandruff
An itchy scalp that is affected by white flakes called dandruff are caused by different factors. The most common ones include:
- Natural oil producing sebaceous glands in one’s scalp.
- Overuse of hair sprays and styling gels, curling, hair straightening and regular blow drying.
- External conditions like too much cold and heat that dry the scalp.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Stress and depression that increase the production of oil by the sebaceous glands.
- Intake of food with too much oil and not drinking plenty of water.
How to Prevent Dandruff
Aside from learning how to get rid of dandruff fast, you should also know how to prevent it from returning. Take a bath everyday to keep your hair and scalp clean all the time and minimize the accumulation of dead cells. When washing your hair, rinse it thoroughly to make sure that the shampoo and conditioner leaves the hair. Also, see to it that your hair brush is cleaned daily and if possible, avoid sharing it with anyone else especially if the other person has dandruff. Lastly, keep in mind that the methods of getting rid of dandruff will work effectively if you perform them regularly.