This article will give you helpful ideas on how to get rid of cysts that can negatively affect your physical appearance. Unsightly, painful and large cysts can occur in the different parts of the face and can show up at any age. While they are often linked with teenagers because of hormonal changes, they can affect even adults too. They result from dead skin cells, dirt and overproduction of oil in the sebaceous glands. Read this article and learn how to effectively remove cysts.
Home Remedies for Facial Cysts
How to get rid of cysts in the face effectively with home remedies? Some people would just drop by the local drugstore and buy an over-the-counter medication but the thing is, you can’t be sure if you’re using a safe product with this method. The best way to remove facial cysts are the natural ones that do not even require you to spend a lot of money. Here are a few good ones you can try:
- Tea Tree Oil. Applying oils can help in clearing up embarassing facial cysts and one of those that you should try using is tea tree oil. Just dilute it with a small amount of water and apply directly on the cysts before going to bed. Do this regularly and you’ll notice that your cysts will gradually diminish.
- Garlic. Do you have any idea on how to get rid of cysts on the face with garlic? The antibacterial and healing benefits of this home remedy has been proven to treat cysts. This may be smelly but this makes a good alternative to other expensive skin-care products out there. Get a fresh garlic, cut off a piece of it and rub it on the facial cysts. Repeat this same procedure for around 2-6 times everyday until such time that the bumps disappear.
- Aspirin and Honey. There’s an affordable way to blast the cysts that’s ruining your self-esteem and that is by creating a mask out of aspirin and honey. Honey is a humectant which helps keep the skin’s moisture and aspirin contains salicylic acid that when combined with honey, makes an effective treatment for various skin conditions. Put 4-5 uncoated aspirin tablets in a small bowl and add a few drops of water on it. Crush up aspirin then add 1 tbsp. of honey on the mixture. Apply it on the affected area and let it settle on the cysts for around 10-15 minutes.
- Baking Soda and Sea Salt. How to get rid of cysts on the face with this home remedy is pretty easy as there isn’t any exact measurement to follow. Just get enough baking soda and water, mix them to create a paste and then add a bit of sea salt on it. Wash your hands and start applying the paste on the cysts and leave it on the skin for up to one hour before washing your face. Repeat this procedure 1-2 times a day and after a few days or weeks time, you’ll notice that your facial cysts will slowly diminish.
- Sandalwood and Rosewater. Mixing these two to create a paste and applying it to the affected areas for 30 minutes should work as an effective method of how to get rid of cysts especially if carried out on a regular basis. Wash face aftewards with cool water and pat to dry. This treatment is known to be very effective in healing acne irritation and has long been used by many people in soothing cyst inflammation too.
Tips and Warnings in Removing Cysts on Face
There are more ways of how to get rid of cysts effectively—medical treatments, over-the-counter products and home remedies but there are important things that you should keep in mind too. In order for your efforts to pay off, take note of the following:
- Avoid picking on facial cysts. Yes, they can be very annoying that you might be tempted to pick at them but bear in mind that doing so can lead to swelling and redness that can last for days, if not for weeks and result to scarring.
- Make it a habit to wash your face regularly. Pick an antibacterial soap that kills acne-causing bacteria and remove excess oil in the face. Just wash it 2-3 times a day. Overwashing it can actually lead to the breaking out of skin instead of getting rid of facial cysts.
- Drink plenty of water everyday. You should have heard of this same advice from many different people way too often that you already get sick and tired of being told the same thing. Well, there is no denying that water offers lots of benefits for the body as it helps flush out toxins. Just try to drink 6-8 glasses of water everyday whether you’re following a method on how to get rid of cysts or you just want to stay healthy.
- Use noncomedogenic makeups. One of the best methods of how to get rid of cysts in the face is to stop using makeups but if work requires you to wear them, make sure to use the noncomedogenic brands.
- Remove makeup before going to bed. Regardless of how tired you are at work and you just want to go straight to bed, still find time to remove your makeup. Doing this will allow your skin to breath while your body is resting.
- Moisturize face after washing. Since washing strips oil and moisture off your skin, you have to apply a moisturizer on it every after washing. Just go for the lighter ones—preferably the gels.
Importance of Consulting a Dermatologist
If you have tried many different methods on how to get rid of cysts on the face but nothing seems effective, do not be afraid to ask help from your dermatologist. Granting that the home remedies don’t work, there are still other options that your doctor can discuss with you about.
You may be prescribed medical measures on how to get rid of cysts on your face or advised to use specific over-the-counter treatments that suit your skin type. Your dermatologist will look closely at your condition and prescribe you a medical treatment that is tailored acording to your case.