If you’re looking for help on how to get rid of cigarette smell, this writeup will provide you with several helpful tips. Do not worry if you’ve tried to shift annoying smoke smell from your house without success because there sure is light at the end of the tunnel. Read this article and learn a wide array of solutions that can help you say goodbye to smoke smell in just a few minutes.
Preventing Cigarette Smell from Building Up
How do you keep the annoying smell from developing in your house if you have no desire to quite smoking? Once they’ve developed, you might have a hard time eliminating them and it can get very frustrating when no method of how to get rid of cigarette smell works. To keep the house smelling fresh and clean, you should consider these cost-free and pain-free tips:
- Do not smoke indoors. This is one of the most helpful tips on how to get rid of cigarette smell which anyone can do. There should be a space somewhere around the house where you can smoke.
- Make sure to smoke outside the house but when it’s windy or rainy, it can be difficult to do this so what you can do instead is smoke near an external window so that the smoke would drift outside and not stay indoors.
- Smoke in one room only. If it’s really not possible to smoke outside the house, choose one particular room in the house where you can stay when you feel the need to smoke. This way, you won’t spread the nasty smell around the house and just contain it in one area.
- Always clean ashtrays. To prevent smell from building up, make sure to remove ashes and cigarette butts from the ashtrays on a regula basis.
Methods on How to Get Rid of Cigarette Smell
If you’re a smoker, the smell of cigarette might not be an issue to you but if you’re a non-smoker, this can be one of the worst smells you’d want to get rid of the soonest. More than the smell, second-hand smoke can create havoc in one’s health too that’s why it is important to eliminate it. This article will teach you a few simple things that you can do to act on cigarette smell so keep reading.
- Sprinkle baking soda in carpets. Making this ingredient your new best friend will help you on how to get rid of cigarette smell so make sure that you always have this handy. There are many different ways of using this natural deodorizer and one of those that you can try is leaving small baking soda bowls in the nooks and corners of the house. You can also sprinkle it on the furniture and carpet leaving the baking soda to absorb on them for a few house before vacuuming.
- Spread bowls of white vinegar. You don’t have to spend money with this method of how to get rid of cigarette smell because it’s highly likely that you’ll find this in your kitchen. Leave bowls of white vinegar around the house overnight or for a few days. For best results, the rooms should be kept closed for vinegar to quickly neutralize the smoke smell. Afterwards, sprinkle the carpets with cornmeal, borax or baking soda then vacuum them.
- Hang charcoal pouches around the house. This method of removing the annoying smell of cigarette has been proven effective and is commonly used by homeowners in attracting the smell of smoke. Just hang them in pouches around the nooks and corners in the house or if not, you can just lay them on the surface and leave them for a few days or until the smell fades away.
- Wash your walls with an all-purpose detergent. Another method of how to get rid of cigarette smell is washing the walls in the house and when doing this, be careful to just apply a thin layer of detergent and water on them to not ruin the paint. Residue from smoke that builds up on the walls should be easily removed by a cleaner that contains ammonia and glycol.
- Repaint the walls. In case the smell still lingers after cleaning the walls, what you can do on how to get rid of cigarette smell is repaint them and apply a gloss or sealant over the new paint to block the annoying smell from seeping into the paint.
- Wash cloth items regularly. Throw pillows, curtains, blankets and fabrics that have cigarette smell should be washed either by hand or buy using the washing machine. When attempting to remove the nauseating smell, make sure to check each fabric’s washing advice because some of them are not machine washable.
- Re-upholster furniture in the house. If you’re a smoker and you’ve decided to finally quit and you have some money to splash, consider re-upholstering the furniture to completely get rid of cigarette smell.
- Change old light bulbs. This method of how to get rid of cigarette smell might come as a surprise to you but light bulbs are actually overlooked sources of smoke smell. As time goes buy, smoke residue builds up on them and released every time you turn the lights on. Change the old ones and you’ll be able to eliminate the bad odor in the house.
- Spread smoker’s candles around the house. What are these? If you want something different to use on how to get rid of cigarette smell, you can use these specially formulated candles that contain enzymes neutralizing and removing the nasty odor. These are available in various scents and can be bought online and in major stores near you like Wall-mart. You can find these in the cigarette shops.
Professional Cleaners Can Always Help
If you’re sick and tired of the nasty, nauseating smell of cigarette in your house that don’t seem to go away even if you’ve already followed all the methods of how to get rid of cigarette smell that you know of, call for help from professional cleaners. Have all carpets, rugs, curtains and other fabrics cleaned. Tar, nicotine and smoke odors that have already attached to these types of materials should be easily removed by the professional cleaners using their special tools and state-of-the-art cleaning methods.