What are the effective ways on how to get rid of blackheads fast without poking or squeezing them? Medically termed as open comedones, blackheads, are a type of acne that frequently occur in the face and shoulder portions. Contrary to what many people believe that they are solely a result of poor hygiene, blackheads are actually caused by the wider follicle opening as well as the extra secretions made by the sebaceous glands.
On the bright side of things, blackheads are easier to treat than other skin conditions like acne and if you follow the natural remedies for them, you can still have a clear, soft and smooth skin.
Getting Rid of Blackheads Naturally
While blackheads do not cause discomfort or pain, they still affect a person’s physical appearance that’s why many are looking for ways on how to get rid of blackheads fast. There are various acne medications out there that are formulated with salicylic acid, retinoids and exfoliants aiming to treat blakheads but instead of using them, you can practice with the natural ways first. The following is a list of some effective blackheads removal methods that you can try.
- Use tomato juice and peel. Tomato contains antiseptic properties that make it effective in getting rid of blackheads and de-clogging the skin pores. Just mash it then use its peel and juice as a facial treatment. Concentrate it in the areas where the most blackheads are and leave the treatment overnight on the affected area. This will make sure that the blackheads will fall off naturally from the skin’s surface.
- Mix lemon juice and water. Known to have antioxidant and antiseptic properties, lemon is one of the most popular home remedies that people use on how to get rid of blackheads fast. Since this is quiet acidic, you have to add water to it so that your skin would not get irritated. To make the mixture more effective, add a small amount of salt to it. Apply the mixture on the areas where there are blackheads. Let it sit on the skin overnight and wash it off the next morning with lukewarm water. The perfect combination of these items found in your kitchen will make a good way of how to get rid of blackheads fast and easy without medication.
- Make a paste by mixing egg and honey. Apply this effective blackheads removal paste all over the face and on the areas with visible blackheads. Wait until your face feels tight before washing it off thoroughly with warm water. Aside from setting your face free from blackheads, this treatment will also enhance the skin to make it clear and glowing.
- Leave a baking soda paste on blackheads. How to get rid of blackheads fast? As long as you have baking soda in the kitchen, then you shouldn’t worry about visible blackheads on your face and shoulders. Make a baking soda paste by adding a small amount of water on it. Scrub it to the blackheads in gentle motions and rinse it afterwards with warm water. The paste should dry up the blackheads and make the skin clear and glowing at the same time because of the bleaching properties of baking soda.
- Make a thick paste of water and fenugreek. How to get rid of blackheads fast with this paste? First of all,mix fresh fenugreek leaves and add a small amount of water on it. Apply the paste on the affected area and let it dry for around 10-15 minutes or until you feel that your face tightens. Once dry, wash the affected area with warm water. Utilizing this treatment every day for a few days or weeks is an easy natural solution to get rid of blackheads.
- Use Epsom salt. Mix a teaspoon each of iodine and Epsom salt with a small amount of water. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it on your nose or other parts of the face with blackheads. Allow to dry before rubbing it gently with a washcloth to cleanse the pores. This mixture should help weaken the pores in the skin that are holding the dirt.
Effective Practices to Get Rid of Blackheads
Aside from not touching the face too much to avoid infecting the blackheads and making the problem worse, there are also other things that you should practice and form a habit of. How to get rid of blackheads fast with daily habits?
- Establish a skin-care routine and start it with washing your face twice a day with mild soap or cleanser. This will help in removing dirt from the skin that contributes to the appearance of blackheads.
- Do not apply too much cosmetics on the face especially if you have oily skin. Also, avoid using poor quality products that exacerbate skin conditions like acne, whiteheads and blackheads.
- Drink plenty of water everyday and include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. Make sure to avoid refined fats and carbohydates as they enhance the secretions of the sebaceous glands.
- Get enough rest by sleeping at least 8 hours every day because stressed skin normally gets ruined by blackheads.
- Keep your hair clean because even if you wash your face regulary but the oil from your hair touches your face, it can clog up spots and lead to the appearance of blackheads.
- Do not go to bed with make up or any debris on the face after going outdoors during the day. Use a mild cleanser on face before sleeping.
- Prevent future breakouts and know how to get rid of blackheads fast by regularly changing pillowcases.
When to Visit a Dermatologist
Even if there are several methods on how to get rid of blackheads fast, it’s still possible that an invidivual cannot eliminate them. If you don’t think the methods that you use are working, a trained professional can guide you towards the most effective and safest skin-care products. Also, a dermatologist can remove blackheads and perform different procedures and use special tools to extract blackheads from your skin.
After Clearing Off Blackheads
Granting that the method you use on how to get rid of blackheads fast proves effective and you no longer have them anywhere on your face, make sure to take preventive measures. It is very important that the blackheads do not return forever so do your best to keep your face clean all the time.