Black mold can cause major respiratory problems if it sticks around the house that is why it’s very important that everyone knows how to get rid of black mold. Read this article and learn some tips and tricks on the removal of black mold from your house.
Have you seen a black colored patch in your kitchen and bathroom floor or wall? If you said yes, you could be looking at a black mold—a fungus that is caused by the increased level of moisture in particular areas. Researches have found that they are toxic in nature, producing mycotoxins that are dangerous to human beings. Since they are harmful to one’s health, everyone must know how to get rid of black mold. Follow the precautions and solutions that this article will provide so that this fungi won’t be able to put the health of your household members in danger.
Effective Ways to Get Rid of Back Mold
Before getting started with the treatments that will be listed below on how to get rid of black mold, you need to focus on a few precautionary measures first so that you’ll be able to avoid the black molds’ ill effects. Wear gloves on the hands and dust mask on the face, prepare an exhaust fan and bring plastic bags along with you. Once you’re ready with all the things that you need, follow the mold removal steps that are listed below.
- Check the entire house and find the areas where the black molds have grown.
- Once you’ve found the affected areas, seal that place and put up a dehumidifier to suck all the moisture in that part of the house. If there’s water leakage that hinders you from completely drying up moisture, it has to be repaired first.
- Mix water, detergent and vinegar and pour the solution in a spray bottle. Fill the bottle and get another one that’s filled with plain water.
- Wear your gloves and dust mask then begin spraying the solution you prepared on the black mold. Have the whole affected area divided into small patches and spray the mold removal solution. When doing this, make sure that you put on the exhaust fan to maintain proper ventilation.
- Scrub the black mold. A brush would be sufficient to srub and loosen the black mold. Afterwards, wipe it off with a rag. When the rag becomes saturated, get another one and put the used rag in a plastic bag to throw in a proper place.
- Spray the area with clean water. After wiping off all the black molds, spray the affected area with the bottle containing plain water then dry it with a rag or a hair dryer.
- Repeat the same process in the other small patches of black mold.
- Once done, dispose all the things that you used—rags, mask, gloves and bottles.
Tips and Warnings
If you haven’t seen any black mold in your house yet but you see that there’s a moisture problem in the kitchen or in the bathroom perhaps, address this right away to avoid molds from appearing. Note that the drier the place, the less likely it is that a mold will form and the lesser you’ll have to worry about how to get rid of black mold.
In case you have a respiratory problem that hinders you from doing any method on how to get rid of black mold, it’s better to hire professionals to help in cleaning molds instead of doing it on your own. This will keep you free from the chances of getting affected by its toxins.