Do you have any idea on how to get rid of allergies? Anyone who has at one point experienced an allergic reaction knows that it can be cumbersome and annoying to deal with. Well, since we can’t do anything about eliminating them forever as they’re here to stay, the only thing that one can do is get rid of the symptoms that cause the body’s negative reactions. In the following article, you will learn about a number of ways to getting rid of allergies so read on.
Helpful Remedies Without Medication
How to get rid of allergies? Allergies occur when a person’s body reacts negatively to substances that are normally harmless. Supposedly, the immune system saves its efforts to fight off viruses and bad bacteria but when a person has allergies, the immune system reacts to dust, mold, pollen and other harmless substances instead. You can always reach for over-the-counter medications but there are also natural remedies that you can try like the ones listed below.
- Avoid allergens. One of the best answers on the question ‘how to get rid of allergens’ is avoiding those things that you are allergic too. Talk with your doctor to discuss the ways of identifying allergies in case you feel that you have symptoms but you’re not too sure what it is that you are negatively reacting to.
- Get a body massage. This may come as a surprise to you but actually, getting a massage helps a lot in reducing the symptoms of allergy if they’re not that severe. A massage lowers the heart rate and blood pressure of the body while improving circulation that gradually reduces the overall stress level.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Flavonoids that give color to the fruits and vegetables are known to help lessen the production of histamine and leukotriene that causes allergic reactions. If you have a lot of triggers, make sure that you include green leafy veggies and fresh fruits in your diet.
What to Drink or Eat
If you want more ideas on how to get rid of allergies, there are actually way too many of them that you can try. Here are some ways to get relief from allergy:
- Increase the Vitamin C quotient in your body by eating more citrus fruits.
- Avoid eating junk food as many of them lead to allergic reactions.
- Take Omega-3 fattty acids like tuna, salmon and walnuts.
- Drink 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar once a day.
- Consume 1 tbsp. of local honey straight away.
- Take stinging nettle to avoid seasonal allergies.
- Drink green tea without refined sugar and milk.
- Pour hot water over a ginger and let it steep for a few minutes before drinking.
When to Call for Professional Help
Even if you already apply the ways on how to get rid of allergies, there are times when your efforts would fail. Focus on maintaining a healthy diet and avoid the triggers of allergies but if your symptoms persist or worsen, consult your doctor.
Living Life With Allergies
Having allergies is very common and millions of people around the world are dealing with it so it’s important that you’re ready to fight them off with the ideas on how to get rid of allergies. Granted, allergies can hamper your day to day living, they can be irritating and stressful too but you don’t have to worry because there are ways to get rid of them. Even with allergies, you should still be able to carry on with your normal activities.