Not knowing how to get rid of a rash on face can stress your nerves. To have a facial skin that has red, itchy patches is never pleasant so you should get help the soonest you can. Here, in this article, you will find suggestive remedies to help you in sailing through this rash.
Inexpensive Ways to Get Rid of Facial Rash
A rash on the face can flare up out of nowhere leading to self-consciousness and later on to embarassment. The causes of the occurence of a rash are many—could be reactions to food, use of skin care products or allergen that touches the skin. There are others that are caused by skin conditions like rosacea and eczema. Generally, a rash on the face is easy to get rid of once you’re able to figure out what caused its manifestation. The following are suggestions on how to get rid of a rash on the face effectively.
- Discontinue the use of new skin care products. If you’ve been using a new product in the market for your face, might as well stop using it while you’re trying to treat a rash. Also, avoid the use of acne treatments, scrubs, cosmetics or face masks on the area that needs to be cured.
- Apply ice on the rash. Of all the ways on how to get rid of a rash on face, this is one of the easiest ones. Ice can help in decreasing the inflammation and redness of a rash as well as sooth irritation and pain that accompany it. Apply ice to the affected part of the face every other three hours for around 20 minutes.
- Put olive oil on face. Olive oil is proven helpful in eliminating rashes as it opens up the pores which then regulates the air flow on the skin. Also, it works as a natural cleanser which makes this a safe remedy for a rash on face. To use this as your way on how to get rid of a rash, wash your face first with warm water and let it dry completely before putting the olive oil on your face. Leave it on the affected area for two hours and wash it off afterwards.
- Rub the inside of a banana peel on a rash. You might be surprised about learning that banana peel is actually helpful in getting rid of a rash. Just gently rub the inside of it on the part of the face with a rash and you’ll feel a soothing effect.
Prevention of a Rash on Face
Aside from understanding the ways on how to get rid of a rash on face, it’s also important to know how to prevent it. Among those that you need to be mindful of are the following:
- Avoid allergens. Nickel, platinum, chromium, aluminum and other metals on jewelry, watches and belt buckles should be stayed away from if you have a face that is prone to rashes.
- Stay away from harsh chemicals. If you have sensitive skin, you have to stay away from harsh chemicals like those that are present in hair dyes,cosmetics, detergents and soaps.
Some Warnings and Tips
It’s important that you know how to get rid of a rash on face so that when you see one, you can act on it right away. Ignoring a rash that continues to spread and doesn’t heal can result to infection and possible scarring. Once identified and treated, most rashes do not return for a long time as long as you avoid their major irritant. In case you have a facial rash that seem to keep returning, see your doctor and have yourself checked as it could be a sign of a serious health condition.