How to get rid of a double chin is a question that many people all over the world are asking. A double chin is the layer of a fat pocket or deposit that can be found just a little below the lower jaw, a tissue that is accumulated mostly because of obesity. For some people, this is found as a trait that is inherited from their earlier generations but for others, this is something that is caused by excessive eating which they treat as a problem that they want to get rid of. In this article, we’ll discuss the possible solutions to help solve the problem of a person with a double chin so just continue reading.
One of the answers to the how to get rid of a double chin question are non-invasive methods. What are those that you can try?
- Healthy diet. People mostly gain too much weight because they keep on eating unhealthy food that promote the storage of fat in the different parts of the body including the chin. Also, with aging, the metabolic processes of the body tend to slow down and it only burns lesser amounts of fats. In order to tackle the problem with a double chin, what you have to do is cut down on your intake of carbohydrates and sugars from you diet. Instead, include more proteins and fresh fruits and vegetables in your new eating habit.
- Exercise regularly. Do you want to know how to get rid of a double chin with exercise? A double chin chin can be lessened through exercises that involve the movement of the jaw and the corners of the mouth. Sit down on a sit-back chair with your arms on the sides. Move your head backwards and go all the way backwards for as much as you can. With this movement you would feel that your neck muscles would get stretched which is very much helpful in reducing fat in the chin. Stay in this position until you’re done counting 1 to 10.
- Chew gum. One of the easiest ways of removing a double chin is chewing a sugar-free gum. This can help make continuous movements in the jaw thus preventing fat accumulation in that region and reducing its visibility at the same time.
Do you want to know more options on how to get rid of a double chin aside from the ones mentioned above? If a double chin is caused by genetic factors, it can be very difficult to reduce or totally get rid of through healthy diet and regular exercise. At times, a surgical procedure is necessary for the purpose and among those that you can consider are the following:
- Laser surgery. This is one of the most popular methods of getting rid of a double chin which involves the removal of the excess fat in the chin through a laser. In this method, the facial skin is tightened so that no stored fat will be visible. The recovery time for laser surgery is from 4-5 days.
- With the help of surgical tools, this cosmetic surgery drains out fat in the chin so that no double chin will show afterwards. The procedure can be completed in just an hour with a recovery period of at least one week. The drawback here is that there may be minor bruising and scarring that can be left behind after the liposuction.
What To Do If All Natural Treatments Fail
If you’ve done all the natural methods on how to get rid of a double chin but it doesn’t seem like any of them is effective, seek help from your doctor. Most of the time, medical professionals agree to conduct surgery if all the natural treatments fail to show positive results. Ask your doctor what type of surgery is suitable for you.