Whoever you speak, they know one or two people who own a computer and experienced the agony of a computer virus. No matter where you go, computer viruses have always been a hot topic not only in online forums, but also in social media. Companies who know how to get rid of a computer virus create different kinds of software programs and are having the objectives to remove these viruses by constantly updating their databases, so that they can protect your computer better against the latest viruses. Latest programs have become the business of hundreds of companies.
For every 18 seconds, there have been a substantial amount of viruses that are uploaded and produced for the Internet. Viruses can pose a considerable security risk to your personal data and information. So, expect a drastic effect on the performance of your computer. Since most are robust, they are difficult to get rid of. But before knowing how to get rid of a computer virus, know what a computer virus is all about.
What Is a Computer Virus?
A computer virus is a basically a program that immediately enters, without your consent or knowledge, to your computer. Computer viruses slow down the performance of your activities, and they are capable of spreading. Some may even corrupt or steal your stored data without your consent. They can be obtained from infected downloaded files from malicious websites.
How to Get Rid of a Computer Virus?
Basically, there are only three options on how to get rid of a computer virus. First, you can go out and purchase all-in-one virus removal software. Second, you may do it manually. Third, you may hire a computer expert to take care of the problem. If you are not a computer literate person, the latter is the best option for you.
But at some point in our lives, hiring a specialist is not practical, especially if you are caught with computer virus many times in a year. If you’re computer savvy, then you don’t need to spend more money on getting the best virus removal software because you already know how to run your computer against viruses. You do not also need to hire a specialist who knows how to get rid of a computer virus. The removal of viruses is a process, which means that for it to achieve a better outcome, more time and patience is needed.
Below are the removal guides on how to get rid of a computer virus:
- Online Virus Scanners: Buying an anti-virus subscription may be difficult. As a result, the free online scanners for virus are a good option. With the help of a Safety Scanner, you can get rid of the viruses and improve your system’s performance. Through an online virus scanner, scan your system completely.
- Anti-Virus Softwares: Research about the best features available if you wish to buy anti-virus software. Always choose the best one. Once received, install it immediately. Once installed, wait for the program to scan your system. When all of the viruses are removed, you are obliged to scan your computer regularly for viruses.
As to how to get rid of a computer virus through antivirus software, you need to keep updated with your anti-virus software.
- Free Anti-Virus: Some companies provide free software for fifteen days to a few months. To clean your computer, try these softwares, but use the old anti-virus program for computer scanning. Once scanned, a report about the kind of viruses as well as the number involving it will be given to you.
- Keep your system clean: One of the most important ways on how to get rid of a computer virus is through cleaning your system regularly. Do not give too much emotional attachment to temporary internet files, browsing history, cookies, downloading history and cache from your computer. Check your recycle bin, and if there are unnecessary files, remove them immediately. In the run command, encode the ‘%temp%’ command to remove all the unnecessary and temporary files.
- Take Backup: Do not forget to backup your data because scanning your computer may or may not remove any of your files.
Computer Virus Protection: Common sense is the best remedy when it comes to computer virus protection. The instances which will be mentioned below are applicable even in our actual lives.
- First, don’t attempt to open any strange e-mails and their attachments. Second, never click the unusual hyperlinks which are mentioned in the email. Most people who do not know how to get rid of a computer virus are usually unaware of the tricks, which the virus programmers may have done to defraud them.
- The hyperlinks in the email will directly lead you to malicious software. Turn off the entire auto launch as they are not helpful. Hyperlinks in Facebook messages, instant messages and message boards can sometimes lead to malware.
- Do not check or visit the suspicious Website. This includes software, video piracy, porn sites and music pages. If you are trying to visit a malicious site, the current Web browsers will alert you.
- Schedule your computer protection at least once a week. Make sure your OS and antivirus software are kept updated by downloading patches and updates daily. Most companies update their antivirus software once a week.
Hire an Expert or Computer Specialist: If you don’t know how to get rid of a computer virus by yourself, hiring a computer specialist might be the right option for you. This may sound expensive, but the most convenient way to do. All you need to do is to collaborate with the specialist regarding the schedules.
Due to the advancement of technology, the world is dependent on computer software and internet applications. It does not only finish your work quickly, but also efficiently. No doubt, all companies, whether small or large rely on computers. If your files are corrupted or the performance of your computer is slowing down, you may be probably facing virus-threats or virus attack. Preventing your computer may sound like a bulky task, but in reality, it is easier than dealing with your computers that are infected with the viruses.
The steps mentioned above on how to get rid of a computer virus, does not only kill the present virus, but also prevent the future virus from attacking your files.