How do you get rid of blackheads without resorting to topical retinoids, using metallic extractors or going through a medical procedure like a laser therapy perhaps? Also known as open comedones, blackheads are small, dark spots that usually appear on the surface of the skin, particularly on the face and the nose. Thy are blocked pores that are filled with skin debris or sebum which is an oily substance. It is very important that you know of the ways to get rid of them because if not acted on, blackheads can lead to acne when bacteria enters into the clogged pores in the skin which can prove to be a bigger problem.
Why Get Rid of Blackheads With Natural Treatments
People of different age groups can be plagued with embarrassing blackheads that’s why many are asking the same question ‘how do you get rid of blackheads?’. There are a lot of prescription medicines that are available for treatmet of ugly blackheads but you can always give natural treatments a try. With simple ingredients that you can find in your kitchen, you can already treat your blackheads and make them disappear in just a matter of days. Natural treatments are always better than prescription medicines because they are guaranteed both safe and effective.
Some Natural Treatments for Blackheads
Your ‘how do you get rid of blackheads’ question can be answerable by simple, natural remedies that help in cleaning the pores and banishing the embarassing blackheads with the following suggestions:
- Baking soda. This common ingredient found in most kitchens is very effective in treating blackheads clearing the impurities in the skin like dirt and debris. To use this remedy, mix enough water to two teaspoons of baking soda so that you’ll come up with a paste. Once ready, apply the paste on the affected part of the face and gently massage the skin area. Leave it for a few minutes to dry and rinse it off with warm water afterwards.
- Egg white. You can come up with an easy mask from egg whites to tighten the pores temporarily, reduce the chances of having new blackheads and get rid of the current ones. Egg whites are rich in essential nutrients for the skin and they are a little bit less drying compared to other home remedies. Apply the mask on your face and place a strip of toilet paper over it to make sure that you’re pressing it. Apply another layer of the egg white mask over the tissue and allow it to dry. Wait until your face feels tight before peeling the tissue off and gently washing your face to get rid of any residue.
- Oatmeal. How do you get rid of blackheads with oatmeal? This works perfectly in treating blackheads if combined with yogurt. Make a paste with oatmeal, yogurt and honey then scrub it on the affected skin area. Leave it to dry on the skin for 10 minutes then wash it off with normal water. For smoother and clearer skin, repeat this same process regularly.
- Tomatoes. The natural antiseptic properties of tomatoes help a lot in drying up and totally removing ugly blackheads. To prepare this home remedy, take a small tomato, peel and mash it and then apply it over the affected skin area prior to going to bed. Leave it on the face overnight then rinse it off with clean water first thing in the morning.
- Lemon juice. How do you get rid of blackheads with lemon juice? Also used as an effective treatment for acne, lemon is packed with lots of essential nutrients that are perfect for all types of skin. Come up with a facial scrub by mixing honey, yogurt, salt and lemon juice then apply it on the affected skin area. This very simple remedy can be repeated every day for a few days or until your blackheads diminish.
- Green tea. To treat blackheads, mix water with one teaspoon of green tea leaves to come up with a paste. Srub it gently over the blackheads for around 2-3 minutes then wash it off using lukewarm water. This scrub should help clean oily skin deeply and unclog pores effectively.
- Honey. If you want an easy ‘how do you get rid of blackheads’ answer, honey should be a perfect treatment. This has a balancing quality that is great for blackheads especially for those people with oily skin. Just apply enough amount of pure honey on the face then leave it to settle on the blackheads for around 10 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Other Blackheads Treatments Available
How do you get rid of blackheads? Keeping your skin clean all the time is the first step to treating blackheads and preventing new ones from appearing. In case you aren’t satisfied with the natural methods or you want a backup remedy, here are a few options:
- Blackhead strips. How do you get rid of blackheads with these strips? Just place a strip over the affected skin area for the duration of time that is indicated in the label of the product then pull it off. The surface level of the unsightly blackheads will then be removed.
- Squeezing. Removing the discharge from the inside of the blackheads can be done by gently squeezing them. Do not pinch the blackheads but just do a very light handed squeezing so as not to irritate the skin and make the problem worse.
- Metallic extractor. How do you get rid of blackheads with this tool? This device is has a round, small opening in the end that you can use to take out one blackhead at a time. Extreme care is very important when using this device because you might leave scars on the affected skin area in the process.
The Keys to Getting the Results That You Want
The answer to the question on how do you get rid of blackheads are not always strong prescription drugs or creams because there are user-friendly and safe natural remedies that you can try. Early treatment and consistency of use of the natural remedies are the key to achieving the maximum results that you want. If none of the abovementioned methods work for you, your dermatologist might be able to help out. Just schedule an appointment with her for advice in case no natural method offers you postive results.