So you got carried away in the heat of the moment last night and now you’re wondering how do you get rid of a hickey fast so you can already go to work without getting teased in the office. Well, the truth is that a hickey can take some time to heal because it is caused by the blood vessels from skin breaking and blood escaping that show as a bright red mark. However, you can try a few tricks to make it fade quicker which you will find out more about in this article.
Get Rid of a Hickey with Natural Methods
How do you get rid of a hickey? A hickey, a love bite, a passion mark, a kiss mark or whatever name you want to call it, is actually a kind of bruise that you can’t do so much about to get rid of. It is a result of too much sucking or kissing that breaks the capillaries and pools blood that turns the skin purple or red. How can you try to make it fade faster? Having a hickey can be quite embarassing which may be the reason why you’re reading this article. You may want to try the help of the easy-to-follow natural methods of removing it that are listed below.
- Cold compress. How do you get rid of a hickey with this natural method? To treat a hickey, you need to break the blood clots apart so that blood spreads out evenly. Simply, apply a cold compress on the affected part of the skin. The easiest way is to put a spoon in the freezer for around 10 minutes and then wrapping it with a cloth. Rub the cloth lightly on the affected area and put the spoon again in the refrigerator if it’s not cold anymore. Do this several times a day to heal the hickey fast.
- Warm compress. If you can’t take a cold compress or you’ve tried it but it didn’t make your hickey any less visible, you can give a warm compress a shot. The heat will dilate the blood vessels and make the process of dispersing blood away from the affected area happen a lot faster. Soak a clean cloth into warm water and wring out the excess water. Place it on the affected area of the skin and allow it to penetrate on the skin for around 3-5 minutes. Repeat this same process at least three times a day.
- Peppermint oil. This oil has a stimulating effect that helps in improving the circulation of blood in the affected area. How do you get rid of a hickey with peppermint oil? Just apply it directly on the skin but make sure that you don’t use this same remedy more than two times a day or your skin will get irritated. There will initially be a tingling sensation but it will go away quickly.
- Massage. Blood will slowly disperse and take out most of the color of a hickey if you stimulate the affected area by gently massaging it. The outline may still be there especially if the sucking is severe but a few 5-minute massaging and rubbing sessions should already do the trick. Your hickey should slowly disappear.
- Rubbing alcohol. How do you get rid of a hickey with this natural remedy? This makes the right treatment if it had only been a few hours since the hickey was formed. To use this, apply some rubbing alcohol on the affected skin area with the use of a cotton ball. Gently rub the area for a few minutes then follow it up with a lotion to keep the skin moisturized. Do this multiple times every day for two days and your hickey will slowly fade away.
- Comb. Just like a gentle hand massage, this works effectively in dispersing blood. How do you get rid of a hickey with a comb? The fingers of the comb that you massage on the hickey will slowly push blood to the vessels and bring back the original color of your skin in the affected area. Just be careful not to break your skin in the process and team this with a gentle massage for the complete removal of your hickey.
- Aloe vera gel. How do you get rid of a hickey fast and easy? You can give aloe gel a try—an ingredient that is very effective in soothing the skin and heals bruises, cuts and burns quickly. To cure a hickey, extract fresh aloe vera gel then gently massage it into the affected skin area. In case there’s no aloe vera plant at home, you can just buy a cream or lotion that is aloe vera-based then apply it on the skin twice or thrice a day for two days.
Ideas on How to Cover a Hickey
Understanding that it can take a day or two for a hickey to completely fade away, you may have to find a way to hide it from your friends, colleagues or parents. How do you get rid of a hickey might not be something you want to know about especially if you need to leave the house and you don’t have that much time to treat it. Here are suggestions:
- Wear a turtleneck shirt, a jacket or a sweater but not if it’s summer or other people will be laughing at you.
- Wear something that can draw the attention of other people away from your neck like a shirt that has an unusual ziper or a very funny logo.
- Hide your hickey by wearing a scarf but just make sure that it’s the right season to use this common accessory.
- Apply a concealer over the affected area if you don’t have the time to follow the above answers on your ‘how do you get rid of a hickey’ question.
- If you have long hair, you can use it to cover you hickey but you need to check every now and then if your hair is still in place.
There’s No Need to Be Stressed Out
How do you get rid of a hickey fast is a question that has been asked since giving a passion mark started. You might have thought that getting it was a great idea at first but changed your mind when you saw a big red badge of passion on your neck. Don’t get stressed if you get a hickey. Just follow the natural methods enumerated above and you shoul be able to quickly get rid of it.