Can you get rid of stretch marks? While they might never be completely eliminated, there are a lot of things that you can try to at least downgrade their appearance and seem like they don’t exist. Stretch marks can be unsightly, annoying and embarrassing but unfortunately, they happen to affect roughly 90% of women so it’s kind of difficult to avoid them from appearing.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Naturally
Stretch marks can show up when there’s is a rapid change in the size of the body like weight loss, weight gain, pregnancy or puberty. In other words, you don’t have to feel bad if you’re dealing with stretch marks as they are normal and you can do something to downgrade their appearance and many natural methods are available. Some of them are listed here.
- Apply vitamin E lotion to your stretch marks. The wonder of vitamin E cannot be questioned and many women swear by it as an effective way of reducing or preventing the appearance of unsightly marks. Can you get rid of stretch marks with a lotion? Yes, definitely. You can buy many lotions in the market that contain vitamin E and massage it on the scarred area. Do this everyday and you’ll notice positive results within just a few weeks.
- Sugar, almond oil and lemon juice mixture. Mix enough amounts of these ingredients so that you’ll come up with a thick paste to apply on the areas of the body with stretch marks. Can you get rid of stretch marks with this mixture effectively? The bleaching properties of lemon alone can help a lot in reducing the appearance of stretch marks so you can just imagine the kind of work that this mixture can do on your skin. Gently rub the mixture on the skin for ten minutes before washing it off. Repeat this same procedure everyday for a few weeks or until such time that you already notice positive results.
- Egg white. When it comes to stretch marks, you won’t run out of natural ways to get rid of them. One of the common remedies is egg white which is also one of the easiest to use. How can you get rid of stretch marks with this? Just gently whip a few egg whites, spread them on the affected areas and allow them to settle on the skin for several minutes before washing. This should be done three times a day for maximum results by the way.
- Olive oil. This type of oil has a strong dose of Vitamin E which effectively treats stretch marks so you should give this a shot at home. Apply this directly on the skin and do this everyday until you notice that your skin becomes smoother and your stretch marks become less visible.
- Potato juice. Can you get rid of stretch marks? If you know the effective methods to use and you are consistent in your efforts, then the answer is yes. As with potato juice, just slice open a potato then put its cut edges on the skin with the most visible stretch marks.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks with Professional Treatments
After learning about the natural methods of treating unsightly marks on the skin, your next question might be ‘can you get rid of stretch marks faster?’. Given that it can take weeks or months for the natural remedies to show results, you might want to try something that gives you the fastest results. If this is what you want, you might have to consider the treatments that can be given to you by a dermatologist like the ones below:
- Laser treatment. How can you get rid of stretch marks with a laser treatment? In this option, only a dermatologist can administer this using a laser light to break up the pigment in the parts of the body with stretch marks. This is done to help the unsightly marks blend with the color of the sorrounding skin and improve the level of collagen production in the body so that it would look younger and smoother. Immediately after the treatment, the affected part of the body will turn red and tender and the recovery period can take weeks. The risk with this medical procedure is that a mishandled laser can lead to superficial tissue damage and the body can have negative reactions to the treatment.
- Surgery. Can you get rid of stretch marks fast and easy? A surgical procedure may be the answer for complete, permanent and fast elimination of unsighly marks. The only effective procedure that can be done for you is tummy tuck which tightens the muscles in the abdomen and gets rid of excess skin in the lower to mid abdominal region. This then will discard the stretch marks in the navel area. As of this time, there are no surgeries available for removal of stretch marks in other parts of the body aside from tummy tuck.
Stretch Marks Removal Tips and Tricks
Whatever method that you choose as your answer to your ‘can you get rid of stretch marks’ question, know that the key to success is your persistence. If you don’t see any positive result after a few days or weeks, don’t give up and just continue with what you’re currently doing until such time that you see satisfactory improvements on your skin. For faster and better results, the following tips and tricks might help too.
- Massage your stretch marks every now and then to help the blood and nutrients to quickly reach the scarred parts of the body.
- Wear sunscreen when going outdoors because the rays of the sun can darken stretch marks and cause further damage to the skin.
- For complete protection agains UV rays, wear protective clothing over the scarred area when going out of the house.
- Moisturize your stretch marks with shea butter or cocoa butter three times a day to reduce the appearance of existing marks and prevent the development of new ones.
So you already know the answer to your enquiry on ‘how can you get rid of stretch marks’ and now you’re very excited to try the suggestions enumerated above. If you’re pregnant or if you have allergies, do not attempt to try any treatment yet until you’ve consulted your doctor and you’re given a go signal. Be extra careful in deciding which method of removing stretch marks to follow especially those that involve the use of creams and moisturizers and the invasive ones too. At the end of the day, it’s only with the natural remedies where you can be assured of your safety.