A love bite, or a hickey can be quite embarrassing if situated in the part of the body where it can be easily seen that’s why many are looking for info on how to get rid of a hickey fast. This article aims to guide and provide you with some effective methods of removing a love bite so you won’t be embarrassed to go out.
Carrying a hickey on the neck which can be easily seen by other people is understandably embarrassing for anyone that’s why it’s important that a person knows how to get rid of a hickey fast and easy.
Methods on Getting Rid of a Hickey
If you don’t want your love bite to be seen by anyone, you have to learn of the best ways on how to get rid of a hickey fast. This tell-tale sign of a night of a drunken escapade can no longer be excused as a curling iron burn as this doesn’t work anymore these days. There are a number of things that you can do to greatly minimize the appearance of a hickey and some of them are as follows:
- Apply cold compress on it. Use this method on how to get rid of a hickey fast right after getting one. When a love bite occurs, that area’s blood vessels get ruptured leading to the leaking out of blood and clotting under the skin which is what you want to act on immediately. Wrap ice packs in a towel and place it on the skin for 20 minutes. Let 3 minutes pass by before repeating the procedure.
- Scrape the skin with a coin. This manner of removing a hickey is a bit painful but is known to be very effective. What you should do is stretch the skin around the love bite and scrape it using a coin but avoid doing it too hard so that you don’t break the skin. What this method does is push away the excess blood from the part of the skin where a hickey is visible.
- Cover a hickey with arnica cream. You can get this cream at your local drugstores. Arnica is known to reduce the visibility of bruises so if you would apply this on a hickey, this should be able to lessen its appearance too. Make sure to follow all the directions on the label regarding how often you should apply this cream on a hickey.
How to Hide a Hickey
Even if you’ve tried so hard to get rid of your passion mark but its appearance doesn’t get any less visible, there are several methods that you can try to just hide it in the meantime. If you don’t want your friends or your parents to know about your hickey, some of those that you can do are these:
- Use green concealer. You can buy this type of makeup in most pharmacies and one of the brands you can get is Neutrogena. Apply this on the hickey and you’ll be able to hide your passion mark.
- Use a thick layer of foundation. Put foundation in your whole neck area then top it with pressed powder. Since you’ll likely need to use a lot of foundation, you can make do with low-cost brands like Cover Girl or Maybelline.
- Wear a scarf. In case you get a hickey during the colder months, it can be easy for you to hide it without explaining why you’re using a scarf.
Tips and Warnings
For slow healers, it can be difficult to remove passion marks with the how to get rid of a hickey fast methods. What you can do is eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables then take vitamin supplements so that your hickey will fade faster. Avoid putting a bandage on a hickey because aside from looking silly, it would just make it obvious that you’re just trying to hide a love mark.