The question ‘can you get rid of cellulite’ might be going on your mind right now if you have cellulite that you’d like to banish. Well, you’re not alone actually. Millions of women all over the world of all shapes and sizes are plagued by the same problem that mostly appears on the legs. While it would seem like cellulite is more complex, this is just fat that is clumped together under the topmost layer of the skin. If you need help on how to get rid of cellulte, this article will give you ideas so that come the beach season, you’d already have a smoother and more toned body.
Lifestyle Changes to Get Rid of Cellulite
There are a lot of women who just try to ignore their problem and keep asking themselves the same question ‘can you get rid of cellulite?’ without doing something about it. There are also those who just cover up their cellulite but wearing pants and pretend that it doesn’t exist. Well, if you’re looking for a method of getting rid of cellulite, you have to start with some lifestyle changes first. Here we go with 3 of them:
- Diet. Can you get rid of cellulite? Yes, if you make changes in your diet. Your food choices can have a huge impact in your body and on your cellulite. Make sure that you drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday to maintain the elasticity and suppleness of your skin. Lower your intake of sugary and salty food too because they will not do anything good for the body. Also, cut down on your calorie intake because any excess fat in the body will contribute to the appearance of cellulite.
- Exercise. Can you get rid of cellulite with exercise? The answer is a big YES! When you see that cellulite starts to form, exercise is going to help you in moving the fat deposits around. Get moving. A sedentary lifestyle will increase the fat deposits in your body so find time to do cardiovascular exercises and strength training to help firm up the muscles in your body. You can do squats, planks and lunges or simply go walking, running and biking everyday for a few minutes before or after work.
- Cellulite-fighting food. Although diet was already talked about previously, it can be helpful to also touch base on food that you can eat that help in fighting cellulite. This isn’t something that will mean a huge change in your life because most of the food groups that you should eat more are quite common. How can you get rid of cellulite with food? As much as possible, add salmon, chili and cayenne pepper, dark berries, apple cider vinegar, green tea, olive oil and dark chocolate in your daily snack or meal so that you will able to effectively get rid of cellulite.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cellulite
Can you get rid of cellulite? Now that you’ve already learned about the lifestyle changes you need to make, you also have to know of a few home remedies to get rid of cellulite as soon as it becomes visible. There are many effective techniques that you can do at home that help slow down the appearance of cellulite and some of the commonly used ones are as follows:
- Dry brushing. How can you get rid of cellulite with this method? The process will improve the lymphatic drainange and blood circulation in the body and remove the toxin buildup from the topmost layer of the skin which then lessens the appearance of cellulite. Get a body brush that is made with natural fibers and gently brush on the areas with cellulite from the left to the right side for around 5 minutes. Afterwards, give yourself a warm bath to wash away the dead skins from your body. Do dry brushing every day before taking a bath for a few weeks or until such time that you notice an improvement on the texture of your skin.
- Coffee grounds paste. Can you get rid of cellulite with coffee grounds? Well, definitely yes. Drinking coffee alone helps increase blood circulation but for a faster and better result, you can come up with a paste to massage in the cellulite. Just mix 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and ¼ cup of coffee grounds. Gently massage this paste on the affected skin for a few minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this same procedure 2-3 times every week and you’ll see impressive results.
- Seaweeds. This one has natural exfoliating properties that promote better blood circulation, wash off harmful toxins and improve the texture of the skin thus reducing the visibility of cellulite. How can you get rid of cellulite using seaweed? What you need to do is mix ¼ cup of sea salt, ¼ cup of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of seaweed which you can buy in most health stores. Once you’ve come up with a paste, start massaging a bit of the mixture on the cellulite for around 10 minutes. This is best done before taking a bath by the way. Follow this same procedure once a day for a few weeks or months for maximum benefit.
If No Natural Method Works
In case you want to go one step further because it doesn’t seem like the natural methods are giving you the results that you expected, dermatologists offer more high-tech treatments that you might want to try. Lasers and radio-frequencies are among the gold standards and both of these methods use massage and suction in stimulating the production of collagen in the body. If you won’t rest until you find all the best methods, you can also try liposuction.
Can You Totally Get Rid of Cellulite?
Hopefully, your question on ‘can you get rid of cellulite’ was answered in this article. The suggestions or remedies listed here are proven very effective but let’s get the bad news out of the way though. There isn’t such a thing as easy cure for this problem, a common dilemma that plagues around 85% of women over the world. Quite frankly, there is no way you can totally, completely or 100% get rid of cellulite but the suggestions above are very helpful in downplaying its appearance.