It can be difficult to point out just a single method as the best way to get rid of stretch marks because there are many effective ones that those who are worried of ugly marks can try. In this article, you will learn about the most effective methods of getting rid of stretch marks so keep reading.
Stretch Marks Explained
Before trying to figure out the best way to get rid of stretch marks, let’s first try to understand what they are. Basically, they are scarring in the skin that manifest on the middle layer called the dermis. With the stretching of the connective layer beyond its capability, the ugly marks are formed weakening the collagen production in the skin hence the appearance of delicate scars on the topmost layer of the skin.
Non-Invasive Ways to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
When talking about the ways to get rid of stretch marks, there are people who say that they tried non-invasive remedies and were able to find impressive results. Among those that are known effective are the following:
- Drinking plenty of water. The best way to get rid of stretch marks effectively is by attacking them from the inside so if you have them, make sure that you start drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day. This will reduce the sharpness of the discoloration in the skin and you’ll notice the results in a few weeks’ time only.
- Eating food with essential vitamins. Your daily meal should have healthy food and you should be eating more of carrots, grapefruits, oranges, nuts, eggs and fish. As much as possible, avoid eating greasy and junk food like soda and chips because stretch marks will more likley to occur if you have nutritional deficiency. Whatever food is available with vitamins C and E should help make the existing stretch marks fade away.
- Rubbing castor oil on the stretch marks. The best way to get rid of stretch marks doesn’t always mean the most expensive one because castor oil can actually work wonders on your skin. Just rub oil into the unsightly marks several times a day and you’ll find that they would lighten and fade within a few weeks of rubbing castor oil on them. If you cannot afford the expensive creams or medical procedures, this method should work alright.
- Applying a moisturizing lotion on the ugly marks. There are many different lotions available in the market today that aim to improve the texture of the skin and lessen the visibility of scars. Use your preferred lotion, apply it on your stretch marks twice a day, once in the morning and another at night.
- Rubbing lemon juice on the affected areas. Lemon has a natural acid that bleaches the ugly marks and the process is super simple. Just rub lemon juice over the stretch marks following a circular motion while gently massaging the skin at the same time. Leave the juice on the skin for around 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Massaging cocoa butter on stretch marks. Enhancing the blood circulation in the body is what cocoa butter best known for and it also has anti-ageing and anti-wrinkling properties. Just massage cocoa butter on the stretch marks everyday for 2-5 minutes and you can expect the results within a few weeks.
Medical Procedures that Help Get Rid of Stretch Marks
The best way to get rid of stretch marks can vary from one person to another. There are people who find the natural remedies as the best options while others find the medical procedures as the answer to their problems with stretch marks. If you’re considering the invasive procedures, the 2 below are the most common options:
- Laser therapy. This is the best way to get rid of stretch marks that are just relatively new. What a laser therapy does is promote the growth of elastin and collagen that helps a lot in treating the ugly marks showing in the topmost layer of the skin. It doesn’t negatively affect the skin but damages the chromophores that is found in the dermis or the middle layer of the skin.
- When it comes to old silvery or whitish marks, the best way to get rid of stretch marks is microdermabrasion. This treatment works by getting rid of the skin’s outermost layer and promoting the growth of new elastic tissue. According to experts, one session of this treatment with a dermalogist costs around $75 to $200 and may require multiple sessions to get the best results.
Other Must-Try Treatments for Stretch Marks
If none of those that are mentioned above seem like the best way to get rid of stretch marks, there are also other available treatments that you can try like the following:
- Retinoid acid cream that should be applied on the skin regularly.
- Oats that act as natural scrub for ugly stretch marks.
- Glycolic acid that increases the production of collagen in the body.
- Liposuction, tummy tuck and breast lift.
- Yoga and other simple exercises done on a regular basis.
Choosing the Best Method of Removing Stretch Marks
Whatever is the best way to get rid of stretch marks that you use, know that you’ll have to put in a lot of effort to get the best results. You have to be deligent and persistent too. It can take time for the stretch marks to fade away and once you feel like they aren’t that obvious anymore, do not be shy. Show off your flawless body because you deserve it.
Can You Completely Eradicate Stretch Marks?
Granting that you’ve already found the best way to get rid of stretch marks, do you think there is that one method that can help you completely eradicate them? Honestly, you can always try to reduce the visibility of stretch marks with the abovementioned ways but nothing will actually completely eradicate them. The closest that you can get is lessen their visibility that other people won’t know you have stretch marks unless they examine your skin thoroughly.